The 18th Annual Mike Ardison/Dereck Farney Memorial Run will be held in Croghan on August 4th, 2018. We will have a professional timing service for results.
7:45 a.m. – Good Ol’ Wishy’s Wee Run (free, kids 8 & under, approximately ½ mile)
8:00 a.m. – 1 mile run
8:30 am – 5K & 10K races
Croghan Mennonite Church, 7048 Kirschnerville Rd, Croghan, NY 13327
$23.00 early (by 8/2/18), $28.00 after & race day
The Mike Ardison/Dereck Farney Memorial Run honors the lives of two outstanding local runners. Mike & Dereck were both athletes on the Beaver River Cross Country team, and were both tragically lost in accidents. Proceeds from the race will benefit memorial scholarships or local programs in their names.
Start/finish/race headquarters at the Croghan Mennonite Church
· 5 and 10K courses will be thru Croghan & on rolling country roads Same course as last 2 years
· 10K has some pretty challenging hills
· T-Shirts guaranteed to runners preregistered by t-shirt deadline (date to be announced).
· Race day Registration @ Croghan Mennonite Church, 6:30 – 7:45 am – first come, first served on any leftover t-shirts.
· Trophies to Overall M/F winners in 1 mile & longer races. 5K & 10K only, awards to top 3 male & female age group runners (under 10, 11-14, 15-19, then 10 yr groups). For the 1 mile, in addition to overall winner trophies, we will have first place medals to the Under 10, and 11-14 age groups, male & female. Ribbons to all runners in all races.
More info on Facebook Fan Page "Ardison/Farney 5k and 10k Memorial Run”
Contact: Cheryl Steiner, 315-523-0526, [email protected]
Click to reach the official site
Information about the event is available in : English
Sponsored by Good Ol’ Wishy’s Ice Cream Parlor. It is a special event the kids will love, with ribbons, free Wishy’s t-shirts to the first 25 registered, and food (think donuts!). Please, 8 years of age & younger only.
Route to be announced.
This is an out & back, starting up hill & finishing down.
This run starts at the Croghan Mennonite Church on the Kirschnerville Rd. Go SE for .5 miles to the turn-around point and continue back to the church.
This 10K is on rolling country roads and thru the streets of Croghan (Rt 812). There are some challenging hills.
This run starts at the Croghan Mennonite Church on the Kirschnerville Rd. Go SE for .5 miles & turn left onto the Steiner Rd, at 2.6 miles turn left on Belfort Rd, at 3.9 miles turn left onto Rt 812, at 4.8 miles turn left onto Williams St, proceed to a turn-around point at the end of William St, make a right onto Park Drive, at 5.5 miles turn right on Kirschnerville Rd, return to church.
This 5K is an out & back, starting up hill & finishing down. There are rolling hills.
This run starts at the Croghan Mennonite Church on the Kirschnerville Rd. Go SE for .5 miles & turn left onto the Steiner Rd to a turn-around point at half way, continue back to the church.