Eastlake Community Church invites you to participate in the inaugural Beastlake 5K and Obstacle Course races on Saturday July 6. This is a community event open to all people, of all fitness levels, from the novice to the hardcore athlete. Choose from one of three four events that best suits your fitness level and interests. Looking for the ultimate challenge race day? Register for the 5K Run and 1.5 Mile obstacle course combo! This event raises fund for the Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy.
5K Run/Walk: $25 (June 1 – July 5) || $35 Race Day (July 6th)
5K Obstacle Course Competition: $39 (June 1 – July 5) || $49 Race Day (July 6th)
1.5 Mile Obstacle Course Fun / Family Event: $25 (June 1 – July 5) || $35 Race Day (July 6th)
5K Run/Walk + 1.5 Mile Obstacle Course Fun / Family Event: $39 (June 1 – July 5) || $49 Race Day (July 6th)
PAPER REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT
Registration fees are non-transferable & non-refundable. An entry can only be used for the person registered for the entry. Entries cannot be deferred to the following year or a future event.
Friday (July 5th) 3:00PM – 7:30PM, Eastlake Community Church – Enjoy a FREE concert with food vendors & fireworks starting at 5:30PM
Saturday (July 6th) 7AM – 7:45AM, Eastlake Community Church
Participants registered on or before Sunday June 23rd are guaranteed. A limited number of extra shirts will be available on a first-come basis at packet pickup.
AWARDS: (5K Run & 5K Obstacle Course ONLY)
Top 3 Overall M/F, Top 3 in each age group. Rankings are based on “chip” time. Depending on the number of participants, the 5k Obstacle Course Event may start in waves.
*This is a Chip timed event, Disposable MyLaps Race Bib Technology will be used.
START TIME & COURSE:
5K Run / Walk – 8:00AM
The 5k is a cross country course that winds through the new Eastlake property. It is a rolling course with great views. This will be an official course with electronic timing for the competitive runner. All skill levels are welcome including walkers. We want everyone to get moving and join us in this fun and fundraising event for Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy.
Beast Lake Obstacle 5k – 8:30AM
The Beastlake Obstacle course is designed to test your total fitness including strength, speed, agility, balance, and endurance. It follows the same 5k course but adds 10 obstacles designed to test you to the limit. Highlights include a 10 foot spider climb and a 14 foot warped wall popularized by the American Ninja Warrior competitions. This race will be chip timed with awards for overall and age group finishers. Experience a new challenge over Independence weekend with this fun and physically demanding race.
Beastlake Obstacle Course Family Fun Run – 9:00AM
The Family Fun Run is a scaled down version of race. It is 1.5 miles in length and contains 7 obstacles. This run is
designed for people who are new to obstacle course racing, families who want to participate with their children. Basically anyone who wants to try a new fitness experience. The run will be timed but the emphasis is on fellowship and participation over results and a personal best time.
1. Hay bale climb over—Large round hay bales must be climbed over. Ropes are attached to the bales. Competitors may attempt to jump, climb, and lunge their way over the round mountains in the course. Race only
2. Double-sand filled buckets. Grab one bucket with each hand and carry it twenty-five yards. Race only.
3. Tire agility drill—Race through dozens of car tires laying on the ground. This is the drill from football practice or Battle of the Network Stars.
4. Hay bale hurdles. These rectangular hay bales are set up in a series. You must go over all of them. Hurdling them is the fastest way, but you can use your own strategy.
5. Military Crawl. It’s time to get down on all fours and crawl under the ropes for 25 feet.
6. Balance beam with slack line. Can you maintain your balance for 40 feet over a beam and a slack line? This obstacle starts with an 8’ 4×4 post lying on the ground. Next is an 8’ 6×6 attached to an eight foot slack line. On the other side of the slack line is another 6×6 and 4×4.
7. Spider climb. Climb over an angled 10 foot tall rope spider web and then back down the other side.
8. Inflatable Slide. Choose between a regular inflatable slide and an inflatable water slide. Climb up and slide down as fast as possible.
9. Warped wall. Climb up a fourteen foot warped wall built to the specifications of the Ninja walls seen on TV.
10. Tire Flip. Flip a tire end to end for designated distance.
PETS AND STROLLERS ARE PROHIBITED.
Click to reach the official site
Information about the event is available in : English