The BEER Mile … run responsibly!
BECK’s Beer are proud to sponsor Bermuda’s 2nd Annual beer running event – for those runners that want a slightly different challenge to their normal run – or, for those beer lovers that may have a running problem. Whatever motivates you – come out and see how fast you can run 1 MILE and drink 4 BEERS (or, come out and see what someone looks like when running after 4 beers).
WHAT: The BEER MILE
(Format – drink one 12oz beer then run 1/4 mile – repeat 4 times)
WHEN: Saturday, June 11th, 2016 – 6pm
WHERE: BAA Field/Parking Lot area.
WHY: Running without drinking is just too easy (not)!
HOW: Entry Fee $30(individual) $80/Team (includes 4 beers and T-Shirt)
WHO: Anyone 18yrs or older – STRICTLY ENFORCED!
Bar will be provided by BAA until 2AM. The Field Canteen will be open for food. DJ will be Rocking the Tunes all Night!
You MUST be 18 years or older to participate.
T-Shirts Availble to the first 200 who sign up.
1st, 2nd, 3rd Male/Female
50+ (Masters Division)
1st place for Each Team division – All Male / All Female / Mixed Gender./ Corporate
Ladies only Division
I don’t Like Beer! – Ladies will drink REDD’s Strawberry ALE instead. (put into Plastic Cups)
1st for the Fastest Time!!
BAA Field Friday July 8th @ 6:00PM.
Bring ID, Carding will be inforced and Braclets provided to Validate Drinking Age!
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps on a track.
Start – beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap – Finish
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap has begun, within the transition area.
(The 10 meter zone before the start/finish line.)
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone.
This ensures the competitors run a complete mile.
4. Competitors must drink cans of beer and the contents will be no less than 12oz.
Cans will be provided on the night from our sponsor..no bottles will be allowed on premises.
5. No specialized cans may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate.
6. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner.
No shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top.
7. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume.
The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored with hops.
8. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
9. Competitors who Ruminate (Get Sick) before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race.
Immediately after the completion of their 4th lap.
See how the Pros Do it..
SC Featured on ESPN about the Beer Mile.