Chase Away Hunger Walk/Run is coordinated by Lutherans for a Cause. This race will benefit local food banks and will take place at the scenic Brush Creek Park on October 30, 2021. Brush Creek Park is located on route 588 in North Sewickley Township.
Same-day registration begin is from 8:30-9:25 AM on race day.
The Walk/Run begins at 9:30 AM.
Chase Away Hunger 5K Walk/Run and 1 Mile Fun Run will be held on October 30, 2021 We will hold an in person race and a virtual option this year. We weren’t sure if we would be able to hold this race, but have discovered we can do it safely with some modifications. Each year we raise money through this race to provide for local food pantries before the holiday season. We believe this is needed this year more than ever.
- Masks must be worn by all volunteers and during packet pick-up. Masks are not required while walking or running.
- We will not hold an awards ceremony this year, but we will have an award cookie for every participant!
- We are not able to provide T-Shirts this year, but will make previous years t-shirts available until they are gone.
- We can only provide packaged snacks and water bottles, no open food so we cannot provide soup this year.
- Social distancing is required.
- We strongly recommend registering online. https://runsignup.com/…/Beaver…/ChaseAwayHunger5kWalkRun