FOR MORE COURSE AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION PLEASE GO TO CINCYREC.ORG/7HILLS
The Seven Hills Run/Walk is a 13.5 mile annual event intended to challenge individual runners over hilly terrain through the City of Cincinnati. It is not a race – no times will be taken and no results will be recorded or published. It is the intention of the organizers and participants alike that this is an event in which finishing the course safely is the primary goal and achievement of each participant. Racing is expressly prohibited. Runners are encouraged to participate in pairs of groups, and to pay attention to the safety, welfare and enjoyment of all of the other participants in this event. Give each other encouragement and friendship before, during and after the run.
There are several tricky parts in the course where crossing streets and finding available pathways require attention and care. At many of these points, there will be course volunteers to direct you. Please cooperate with the course volunteers to ensure that everyone finishes safely. This is especially true towards the end of the run on Lehman Hill. There are no sidewalks on this part of the course, and the road narrows in some places. Please run to the left, opposing traffic, on Lehman Road, and keep your attention for oncoming and overtaking vehicles. Course maps will be available the day of the run. This is a tough event. Finishing it will be great personal achievement for you. Please do it safely so that you can come back
and enjoy it year after year!
Course monitors and water stop personnel are not in place until the event starts at 9:00 a.m. Please do not start before 9:00 a.m.
1. Each runner is challenged to run from the bottom to the top of each hill without stopping. Runners may
walk or stop at any other point along the course, within safety limitations.
2. Runners are challenged to complete the course within three hours.
3. Runners must run on sidewalks when available; running in the street when sidewalks are present is strictly prohibited. Runners must observe all normal rules of pedestrian safety.
4. All event participants must be 18 years of age as of December 3, 2017. Exceptions will be considered upon recommendation of a coach. Such recommendation must be made in writing, must include the coach’s phone number, and must accompany the completed form.
5. The Seven Hills Run/Walk Committee reserves the right to disqualify any runner who conducts
himself/herself in a manner which jeopardizes his/her safety, or the safety of other participants.