Join us for one or all! This is the 2nd Dam Fast 5K in the series on July 8, 2015
The Dam Fast 5K Run Series is a no frills, fast 5K designed to encourage running improvement.
- *Runners of all levels, beginners to advanced, are welcome to come out and test their fitness each month
- *Get the race day adrenaline for less than half the price
- *Race your friends, race yourself, race the clock to see and feel the improvements!!
- *Only one registration form is needed but fees must be paid at each event. The fee is only $10, no late registration penalty!
- *Each runner will get a bib number that will be used throughout the entire series
- *Runners will be timed at each event – walkers welcome – under 1 hour will receive an official time
- *Each month the times will be updated online at www.underthesunevents.org along with the percentage of improvement
- *Participate in 3 out of 4 events to be eligible for a tank top and prizes
- Prizes will be awarded to runners with the highest percentage of improvement
Runners will be grouped among peers of similar running ability
We provide the water….You provide the sweat!
June 3, July 8, August 5 and September 2!
The first Wednesday of each month (except July), June through September
- June 3
- July 8
- August 5
- September 2
What are the Categories?
Participants are grouped by current ability. Don’t sell yourself short here, let’s be honest. Here are our descriptions:
Walker: This category is for people who are just starting their fitness program or do not currently run. This is the step before they are a beginner runner.
Beginner: Runner for less than 6 months or returning after extended time off (1 year+).
Intermediate: Consistent runner of more than 6 months (3+ days a week). Participates in races for personal improvement and camaraderie.
Advanced: Long time runner and/or super fast, races to win.