Dash down Dobbins Landing in your custom sled! Embrace winter and get your friends, company, school or organization together and see who’s the fastest in town!
The Human Dogsled team consists of 2 (1 rider and 1 puller), 4 (1 rider and 3 pullers) or 6 (1 rider and 5 pullers) people that pull a sled that the team designs.
The course is a 100 yard dash down Dobbins Landing.
ENTRY FEE: $5-2 people team, $10-4 people team, $15-6 people team (Race day registration is $20 for all teams)
REGISTRATION: 11:00 AM
RACES START AT NOON
AWARDS FOR Age groups/ categories: 12 & under; 13-18; over 18; mixed age; Facebook/crowd favorite; overall fastest group
Human Dogsled Race Rules & Other Information
• There will be no fee for spectators.
• 2 teams will be racing at a time- one team on each side of the Bicentennial Tower balcony.
• Each sled will run twice, once on each side.
• Sleds must not have any dangerous material or sharp edges.
• The sleds must not have wheels or motors.
• Sleds must be pulled ONLY and not pushed.
• No harnesses will be allowed, team members must pull the sled using an item they can easily let go of if they are to fall.
• At least one person must be riding in the sled.
• The team’s time is determined by when the front of the sled crosses the finish line.
• All sleds must be preapproved by inspectors prior to racing.
• Teams cannot physically interfere or come in contact with any opponents’ craft before, during, or after the race. Teams in violation will be disqualified.
• Teams will be responsible for cleanup of all trash or debris made by their sled or team.