Dog Gone Run: A 5k/10k run/walk that benefits BrightSide Animal Center. This is a dog friendly event where runners are encouraged to run with their buddies, but it is not a requirement to participate. The 5 and 10k events start at 8:30 am sharp and the fun walk begins at 8:40 am. Take a look at these awesome pictures from last years event at BrightSide’s Facebook page.
Team Information: To register as a team, designate one person as the team captain and have them create the team online when they register. Once the team is created, each team member should register individually (preferably online, but paper forms are also available) and put the same team name on each entry. There will be an award for the biggest team.
Start Location: The event starts at the beautiful Sam Johnson Park and follows the paved Dry Canyon trail in Redmond, Oregon.
Registration and Check-in: Pick up a race registration flyer at BrightSide Animal Center, the BrightSide Thrift Store and throughout Central Oregon at participating sponsors or sign up here today! Online registration is through the 14th and mail in registration must be postmarked no later than June 8th. Race day registration will be from 7-8:30, $45.
Packet pickup and the BEST swag bag ever is on Friday June 14th from 1-5pm at the BrightSide Thrift Store in Redmond, Oregon and on race day 7-8:45am at Sam Johnson Park.
Come and join in on the fun!
Post Event: Great recovery treats, an amazing raffle, awards and a fantastic pancake feed! At 10:30 the Redmond Police K9 unit will be performing a demonstration, you will not want to miss this!!
Awards: Awards will be given out for top overall and division finishers (for both events).
5k/10k: 10 & Under, 11-14,15-19,20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70+
• Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times
• No retractable leashes allowed
• All dogs will require proof of rabies vaccination
• Please do not bring female dogs in heat
• Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership
• Use good judgment regarding the temperament of your pet
• Pets must be kept under control at all times
• One dog per runner
• Please come prepared to clean up after your pet
• Water will be available for all animals
• If your pet requires a separate drinking container, please bring one
For more information, please email John at: [email protected]