Dog Tag Dash is a 5K and 10K walk, run, jog to help raise funds to support VCP ( Veterans Community Project) in their tiny village for homeless veterans in KC. Veterans Community Project originated in Kansas City, Missouri out of a simple concept: Veterans uniting the community to serve its veterans in need, whatever those needs may be. A community united and saying "Thank You" to those who served and protected our country. A few foundations for success are as follows:
- Housing Veterans at their own pace
- Immediate crisis stabilization
- Veteran’s Village will host a counseling center where veterans who do not qualify for VA servi es can seek professional counseling support.
- Mentoring: Providing professionally trained mentors to support other housing programs in the Kansas City area. This will strengthen the success rates of those programs.
- Connecting veterans with existing programs, benefits, and services to meet veteran needs
Awards given to top male and female finishers in the following age groups for both 5K and 10K
14 and under
The race will be held rain or shine.
If you would like to donation, please click on the donation button. We take any and all donations We will have a location for you to donate old running shoes and new socks. Hygiene kits are always welcome as well.
We will be starting and finishing at 89th and Troost. The 10k runners will do two loops and 5k only one.
See course map for more details.
You are welcome to see a tiny home in person. Our goal is to have a few tiny homes finished so that everyone is able to walk through and see what their donations are going to.
A virtual race is a race you can run anywhere! So just in case you can’t come personally to the race you can still run the race any place and still receive a cool medal and shirt! All you need to do is input your time and distance when you are finished in the alloted date and time of that event. Wahla thats it!
2 laps around the course route
1 lap around the course route