Get ready for an obstacle challenge of EPIC proportions! No mud. No long-distance running. EPIC Series is a seriously fun obstacle course race featuring the EPIC Course, ELITE Course, and KIDS Course!
Perfect for all levels of fitness, the EPIC Course features 30+ obstacle challenges on a winding course less than 2 miles long! Each obstacle has Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced ability level options so you can choose your challenge at every turn! For Ages 13+
Competitive Waves – Men must do all Advanced-level obstacles; Women must do at least Intermediate-level obstacles. These waves are competing for podium awards.
Open Waves – Mixed level. Choose your adventure!
Not for the faint of heart, the ELITE Course is an intense gauntlet featuring 10-12 of the toughest challenges that will put your strength to the test! Choose from ELITE STRENGTH (more weight, less reps) or ELITE ENDURANCE (less weight, more reps) divisions! For Ages 18+
A junior-sized version of the adult courses, the KIDS Course features 10-15 obstacle challenges on a course less than 1/4 mile long! Kids may complete the course as many times as they’d like, and will receive one finisher medal after their first course completion! For Ages 7-12
Not for the faint of heart, the ELITE Course is an intense gauntlet of some of the toughest challenges that will put your strength to the test! Choose from the ELITE STRENGTH Course (heavier weights, less reps) or the ELITE ENDURANCE Course (lighter weights, more reps). The ELITE Course begins with a Truck Pull, followed by a series of 8-10 additional strength challenges incorporating kettlebells, Atlas Stones, kegs, and more! Experience the ELITE Course like you’ve never seen it before! Do you have what it takes to be EPIC? For Ages 18+
1. Athletes competing in the Elite Course may either choose to complete the Elite Strength or the Elite Endurance Course during the registration process. Athletes may not switch courses in the middle of their run.
2. Each Athlete will be assigned one Judge to score them during their run through their chosen Elite Course (Strength or Endurance).
3. An Athlete’s time begins as soon as their Judge says “Go.”
4. An Athlete’s time stops immediately as soon as he/she hits the bell at the top of the Rope Climb obstacle, or 90 seconds has elapsed from the start of the Rope Climb obstacle attempt, whichever comes first.
5. An Athlete’s time may be paused during the course if there is another Athlete ahead of them preventing them from moving on to their next obstacle. Their time will resume as soon as they begin the next obstacle.
6. Each obstacle has a 90-second time limit for completion. Once 90 seconds has elapsed, a time penalty will be given for every repetition not completed or distance not completed.
7. If the Rope Climb obstacle is included in a given event, it has a 90-second time limit for completion. An Athlete’s time will stop only when the Athlete rings the bell at the top of the Rope Climb, or 90 seconds has elapsed, whichever comes first. If an Athlete does not complete the Rope Climb by ringing the bell at the top within the allotted 90 seconds, an additional 90-second time penalty will be given.
8. Athletes must attempt every obstacle. Any non-attempts will result in immediate disqualification from the course.
9. The Athlete’s final clock time is noted on their scorecard. The Judge will add all time penalties to the final clock time to find the Athlete’s Final Time. Both Athlete and Judge sign the scorecard in agreement of the Athlete’s Final Time.
Awards will be given to the Top 3 Men and Women in both ELITE STRENGTH and ELITE ENDURANCE divisions with the fastest combined times from the EPIC Course and ELITE Course.
The EPIC Course is a thrilling challenge featuring over 30 obstacles packed into a winding course less than 2 miles long! No mud. No long-distance running. Each obstacle has options for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced ability levels so you can choose your challenge at every turn! You’ll have a blast climbing over walls, crawling under nets, lifting heavy stuff up, putting it back down, posing for photos at the Plank Station, and so much more! For Ages 13+
This course takes approximately 60 minutes on average to complete.
Competitive Waves are released every 5 minutes from 8am – 9am. Athletes in these waves are competing for podium awards.
To be eligible for podium awards, Men must complete only the Advanced (black-colored) obstacles, and Women must complete at least the Intermediate (blue-colored) obstacles. Failure to complete an obstacle at your prescribed ability level will result in disqualification from podium eligibility, but you may still complete the course. Awards will be given to the Top 3 Men and Women with the fastest EPIC Course completion times.
Open Waves are released beginning at 9am onwards. These are mixed-level waves where anyone can complete any level obstacle they choose. These waves are not eligible for podium awards.
You’re invited to an EPIC party, and it’s happening all day at EPIC Series San Diego! Join us before, during, and after the race for music, food, drinks, games, and fun! Get your picture taken at our EPIC Photobooth, test your marksmanship skills in our Mini Archery Range, have fun and get creative with our Photo Scavenger Hunt, plus so much more!
We love seeing your event photos up on social media! Hashtag #beEPIC on all your EPIC Series photos and be entered for a chance to win a free ride through the EPIC Course!
The KIDS Course is a junior-sized version of the adult courses! Featuring over 10 obstacle challenges, kids have a blast running, crawling, jumping, lifting, pulling, and climbing their way through this dynamic course less than 1/4 mile long! Two lanes allow obstacles to be scaled for ages 7-9 and ages 10-12. Kids may complete the course as many times as they’d like, and will receive one finisher medal after their first course completion!
For Ages 7-12
No refunds will be given once a race entry has been purchased. However, you may transfer your race to another person or to a future event anytime prior to the date of the originally purchased race. No retroactive transfers will be permitted once the originally purchased race date has passed.
All sponsor and vendor inquiries may be sent to [email protected]