2021 Foundation for Geauga Parks Challenge
A Virtual Multisport Challenge: Paddle, Pedal, Pace – OR Run/Walk – OR Bike
What: Geauga Trail Challenge is open to any individual or team to complete a Virtual multisport Triathlon or Run/Walk or Bike while appealing to friends, colleagues and family to “sponsor” their goals with donations and pledges to the Foundation for Geauga Parks.
When: Saturday, June 5 through Sunday, June 20, 2021
Paddle, Pedal, Pace your race over a 15-day period, or make it a day for a continuous endurance experience to challenge yourself.
Why: Foundation for Geauga Parks is the only philanthropic nonprofit organization in Geauga County dedicated solely to raising money for any and all parks in Geauga. Large signature fundraising successes include the following:
-The West Woods preservation and Nature Center campaigns
-Observatory Park campaign
-Munson Township Scenic River Trail enhancement and
-Full support of the Nature Scope binocular program for students.
Current projects include launching a Pollinator Garden Pilot Program, and continuing outreach to township and municipal parks.
Who: Park lovers, walkers, runners, cyclists, kayakers anywhere may participate by joining as an individual or creating a team for a relay-style race.
1. Register as an individual or as a team to complete a virtual triathlon anytime within the event dates. Triathlon includes: Run 3.1 miles (5K); Ride a bike 17 miles (27.36 K); Paddle kayak, canoe or paddleboard 1.55 miles (2500 meters)
2. OR Run/Walk 6.2 miles (10 K) or more – in stages or all in one outing – anytime within the event dates.
3. OR Bicycle 25 miles (40.23 K) or more – in stages or all in one outing – anytime within the event dates.
4. Track your progress on the FGP Race website.
5. Invite friends, family and colleagues to participate as part of your team, or to cheer you on by donating to your goal or your team’s goal.
6. Make a donation to the Foundation for Geauga Parks.