NWCC was established as a 501©(3) Non-Profit organization in 1948. This year we are celebrating 70 years of service to the Rockford community. NWCC continues to provided a wealth of social, educational, and leisure programming as well as a host of human services. Serving over 15,000 youth, adults, and seniors annually NWCC operates all year round and our mission is to ‘Enrich the quality of life for the diverse population of Northwest Rockford.’
Just some of the program services that your dollars will help sustain at NWCC are:
• Before and After School Program
• Out of School Suspension Program (only program in Winnebago County)
• 10 all-day Summer Camp
• Adult Human Services (focusing on job training and placement, life and financial skills, and general empowerment.)
• GED and Parenting Classes
• State of the art 15 station computer lab
• Teen Leadership (Year round) Partnership with YMCA of Rock River
A vital source of Northwest Community Center’s funding is the participation of supporters like you! We are asking our neighbors, friends, and local businesses to register for our annual event. 100% of the dollars benefit programing facilitated by NWCC!
We at Northwest are extremely excited to be organizing our 19th Annual “FlapJacks 5K Run/Walk” to be held on October 28th, 2018. Our 5K Run/Walk and following pancake breakfast have become a Rockford tradition.