Location- Floyd Bennett Field, NY
Belt Parkway to Exit 11S (Flatbush Avenue). Follow Flatbush Avenue south to the fourth traffic light (and last light before the Marine Parkway Bridge toll plaza). Turn left at the light, into the park.
Since the start of the race is serpentine, racers coming from Manhattan can take the #2 train to Flatbush/Nostrand Ave in Brooklyn. Transfer to the Q35 from the subway stop. Take the Q35 to the Floyd Bennett Field entrance.
Parking/Transition is located on Floyd Bennett Field Seaplane Kayak Launch.
Race Packet pick up is on the day of course review at Floyd Bennett Field.
Approximately 3 days before the event before the event, you will receive an email notifying you of your race bib number. You must write your Bib # on a piece of paper and Tape it on your windshield. If you arrive at check in and do not know your number in advance, you may look it up on the alphabetical list posted at B32. Please do not get in line for check-in if you do not know your race number and have photo ID.
Packet Pick-Up and Day of Registration
Will occur the day of course review at Floyd Bennett Park. You must show a photo ID to receive a packet. Only competitors may pick up their numbers in person with photo ID. You may not pick up a race packet for anyone else.
Schedule of Events
RACE DAY – Sunday, April 11th
6:00 – 7:15 am: Check-in. No numbers issued or race packets saved after 7:15!
6:00 am: Race Start (rain or shine).
9:30 am: Course officially closes. Please exit the Park.
Race Numbers & Electronic Timing
• Check the label affixed to the timing tag (on the front of your bib number) for correct information regarding your name, age, sex and category. Notify officials prior to the race of any mistakes.
• You must wear the run number on your front, and be clearly visible to race officials at ALL times. Folding of race numbers is prohibited.
• If you cross the finish line and your number is not clearly visible on your FRONT, you will receive a 2-minute penalty.
• The 2-sided vinyl (adhesive-backed) bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bicycle and for security reasons may not be removed until you leave the parking area.
• You may not use any chip other than the one that is assigned to you. Wearing any other chip could lead to errors in overall timing and your disqualification.
• After you finish the event, you must remove the chip and drop it in the collection bin at the end of the finish line chute.
• If you lose your chip during the race or fail to turn it in after you cross the finish line, you will be charged $100 for the lost chip.
Results will be posted on www.NYTRI.org.
HEALTH & SAFETY RULES
Your safety is our number one priority. Below is a condensed bulleted list of our rules and regulations. Please read through them carefully:
Before Arriving to Floyd Bennett Park:
Mark your body, back of leg and hand with your race number at home.
Bring your own water.
Post Race Bib# in windshield prior to check in.
Face coverings required.
At Floyd Bennett Park:
All competitors will have their temperatures checked before you can park.
All bags are subject to inspection by security personnel upon entering the transition area.
Once you arrive and get yourself settled, start the race.
Keep your bike on/in your car.
No food will be served.
Remember, transition doesn’t count! Keep your distance while you transition from one phase to the next.
Face coverings are required when you’re within 8’ of another person.
Do not enter or exit the transition area at any point other than the designated openings.
Do not bring any items into the transition area that are not required for your competition. Items that are non-essential to competition should be secured in your vehicle.
Display your bib number at all times to identify yourself as a competitor.
Immediately report any suspicious items to staff or security personnel.
Always run and ride with the flow of race traffic.
No drafting! Keep 3 bike lengths apart.
Leave the park in the same or better condition than when you arrived.
Once you have finished the course, please leave the area.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected]