The race start is in Upper Park Drive cnr Ettrick and finishes in the Zoo
07:00 for 10km & 21.1km
07:10 for 10km Official Race Walkers
07:10 for 5km fun run
Collections Of Pre-Entry Race Packs Will Take Place On:
• Friday 15th Sept at Sweatshop Dunkeld 9:30 to 4pm.
• Saturday 16th Sept at the Joburg Zoo Parking lot from 9am to 4pm.
• On race day at the Zoo Parking from 5am.
Parking Is Available At:
1. Joburg Zoo parking lot
2. Saxonwold Primary School
3. War Memorial Parking
4. Jan Cilliers Primary School
10km Run / Walk: R22
• Parking will be available at the Zoo parking lot for R15.
• Parking will also be available at Saxonwold Primary School and the War Memorial.
• Limited parking is available at Zoo Lake
• A portion of the race proceeds will be donated to the Johannesburg Zoo. Over R155 000 has been donated to the zoo over the last six years.
• No pets allowed in the Zoo
Will be available two weeks after the race on: www.rockies.co.za
Discovery Vitality members receive bonus fitness points for completing the race.
Distance Vitality fitness points
5km: 800 points
10km: 1 100 points
21.1km: 2 000 points
Terms and conditions apply.
Starts at 9h30
1. No seconding allowed.
2. No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
3. Wheel carts/prams, or wheelchair athletes must start at the back of the field.
4. No animals or pets are allowed to participate.
5. All instructions from traffic and race officials must be obeyed at all times.
6. No earphones, iPods and similar devices are allowed, as they are in contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b and may lead to disqualification.
7. Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins and can be disqualified if they litter.
1. The event is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
2. All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event, they must be medically fit to participate.
3. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
4. Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2017 license number on the back and front of their vests, with the race number worn on the front of the vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2017 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day
or face disqualification.
5. Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest. No temporary licenses are issued for marathons or ultra-marathons.
6. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
7. International athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organisers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
8. Walkers competing for walkers’ prizes (if any) must wear their walker tags on the front and back of their running vest.
9. Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes.
* The domicilium rule applies.
10. Prize winners must present their proof of age to the referees before the prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
11. Any objections must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prize giving in writing to the chief referee accompanied by R300, which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
12. Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
13. Runners in the 21km must be 16 years or older on race day. Runners in the 10km must be 15 years or older on race day.
14. Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless a prior arrangement with the race organiser was made.
15. The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
16. Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
17. Licenced athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification.
18. Cut-off time: 3.5 hours.
19. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with a ASA Provincial licence and are required to purchase a temporary licence or face disqualification. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
20. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours unless such club exists in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
086 107 6259 / 084 674 3290
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers
of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.