Calling all wizards and muggles! Join us for our 5th Annual Harry Potter 5K Fun Run and Walk in Historic Medina, OH on Sunday October 13, 2019!
Come dressed in your HP gear and after the event join us in Historic Medina for some amazing goodies from local businesses.
Please check our Facebook page for more information and details as things become available!
- ALL participants will receive a one of a kind HP theme shirt and HP medal! We simply ask, when you are notified to pick up your shirt PRIOR to the event date you do so in a timely fashion. No shirts will be mailed. Any unclaimed shirts after 30 days from the date of the event will be forfeited. If you are unable to make it to the event, you may still pick your shirt up. If you are coming in from out of town, you may pick up your shirt at the registration table the day of the event.
- All runners will also received a one of a kind House Crest race medal and be sorted at the finish line!
- Registration by June 1, 2018 is $45.00. Registration after June 1, 2018 is $55.00
- All participants will be entered to win 1 of 5 HP theme gift basket giveaway from The Book Store valued at over $500.00
- All participants will be entered to win a FREE Harry Potter collectible gift (gift will be announced at a later date)
- Costume contest will be held at the starting line PRIOR to the run!
Winners will be notified and they will be asked to pick up their prize at The Book Store following the run! Local businesses will help vote for the best Adult Costume and Children’s Costume.
-There are NO refunds for the event. It is a charitable event to raise money for literacy programs throughout Ohio. The Book Store donates all of their net proceeds to these types of organizations through grant requests, scholarships, book donations and more.
Prizes are randomly raffled off each month for any participant currently signed up. Please check event Facebook page for prize announcements.
Winners must claim prizes within 10 days from event date.
Please note this is a fun run, there are NO race bibs offered and participants will not be timed as so many young kids participate in the race.
-Children in strollers are FREE to participate.
Schedule of events:
5:00 am-7:00 am- Volunteer/staff set up and day of registration
BEFORE THE EVENT 6:30-8:00 am- Same day participant bag pick up
9:00 am- Runners released by sound of horn
10:00 am-1:00 pm- Enjoy Harry Potter theme face painting by Karen Fair in the Square
11:00 am- 12:00 pm- Harry Potter Theme magic and illusion show by Rick Smith Jr at the Gazebo
*Audio book will be played through the loud speakers during the event.
Remaining schedule of events will be released at a later time.