Maggie was a beloved daughter, friend, and colleague. She was passionate about being a mother, a daughter, a friend, and a special education teacher. She enjoyed running and working out, St. Patrick’s Day, and cheering on the Chicago White Sox. Amos had just celebrated his 3rd birthday with a Paw Patrol birthday party. He was excited to start preschool, loved to play farm, and enjoyed caring for his pet rabbit and fish. This event is to celebrate the lives that Maggie and Amos lived and all those that they impacted. All proceeds from the event, along with the memorial funds, will be placed in a scholarship fund and grants for local libraries and teachers to support learning and education for the youth in our community. To date, almost $20,000 has been donated towards classrooms, libraries, and scholarships in the name of Maggie & Amos from the proceeds of this event.
The 2021 Race is On! Our goal is to give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines. Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No race day registration.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• Pickup of your race bib and shirt prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Location TBD.
• Line up on the designated markings (6 feet apart) no earlier than 5 minutes before your designated time.
• Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings provided.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start.
• Minimal volunteers or marshals will be on course. It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
• Results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• There will be no age group awards given out for the race.
• Results will be updated throughout the day at www.ItsRaceTime.com
• You will be able to pickup your swag at our advanced pickup.
• An important part of this Virtual Race is submitting your time so that you can see how you rank, much like a traditional run. Beginning June 13th you will be able to submit your time. To submit your virtual time, click on the link below. (Note: link will not work and you cannot submit a result prior to June 13th) By your name, click EDIT TIME. You can submit results from Jun 13 – Jun 17. Final results will be available at the same link Jun 18.