As part of the Outdoor Expo the Hero 5k Run/Walk, sponsored by Nexans Amercable, will once again be held. This race is named in memory of Major Ronald Wayne Culver, who died in Iraq on May 24th, 2010. It is an honor for us to name this race in his memory as we recognize his courageous spirit in preserving our country’s freedom.
Major Wayne Culver, a dedicated employee of Nexans Amercable, served multiple combat deployments throughout his military career and served on countless programs, organizations, and groups in the local community. Participating in the Hero 5k for Major Wayne Culver is one way Nexans Amercable and our community can continue his life and legacy of leadership and service. What an honor to know that a true American hero was and still is a part of the El Dorado community.
Location – South Arkansas Community College – El Dorado Conference and Student Center, El Dorado, Arkansas
Friday, September 8, 2017, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Day Prior to Race Day
· Packet Pickup – El Dorado Conference Center, Enter West Foyer at 300 South West Ave., in front of Murphy Hall
Saturday, September 9, 2017 – Race Day
· 6:15-7:15 a.m. – Race day registration and packet will be available @ start location
· 7:30 a.m. – Start time @ the corner of Cedar and S. Washington St.
· 8:30 a.m. – Award Ceremony @ the Main Stage
How to Register
Online: www.southarkexpo.com or www.sportspectrumusa.com
By Mail: Send completed form and check payable to SouthArk Foundation
In Person: South Arkansas Community College, 300 South West Avenue
Administration Building, Room 105. Park at Heritage Plaza by the gym.
Printable Form: www.southarkexpo.com or www.sportspectrumusa.com
· Pre-registration by Wednesday, August 30 is $25, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· Registration after Wednesday, August 30 is $30.
· Age Divisions: 60+, 55-59, 50-54, 45-49, 40-44, 35-39, 30-34, 25-29, 20-24, 15-19, 10-14, 0-9
· Must register by Friday, August 31 to guarantee race shirt.
· Friday, September 8, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – El Dorado Conference Center, Enter West Foyer at 300 South West Ave., in front of Murphy Hall
Saturday, September 9, @ Registration/Check-in Tent at the rear of the El Dorado Conference Center (Locust St.)
· Start/Finish Corner of Cedar and S. Washington St. – Left on S. Jackson St. – Turn around at Jackson & Griffith St. – South on Jackson turn right on Cedar St. – Finish at Cedar and S. Washington St.
· $100 cash prize and award to first place overall male and female
· First place overall male and female will not receive age division awards
· Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in each age and gender division
· Door prizes will be given away at the award ceremony. Must be present to win.
Inclement Weather Policy
The race will go on regardless of precipitation. In the event that weather conditions present an imminent danger to participants, the race will be cancelled. No refunds will be given.
· Due to reasons beyond our control, it may become necessary to change some of the event locations, start times, etc. Please visit the race website periodically to check for any updates: www.southarkexpo.com
For more information, contact Dr. Sterling Claypoole at [email protected] or [email protected] or 870.864.7130