We’re going V I R T U A L ! ! !
Please join us for the Fourth Annual Musicians of Steel 5K Run/Walk, a charity race organized by the Musicians of the Pittsburgh Symphony! We’re going virtual in 2020, but don’t fret! You’ll still receive many of the special perks of Pittsburgh’s most musical race, including:
• MUSIC! ♫ We can’t play for you live right now, but you’ll receive a unique running playlist specially curated by your PSO Musicians to help you cross the finish line!
• SWAG! 🎽 Show off your love for music and running around town with our official race T-shirt, featuring the 2020: Virtual Edition logo on a high quality moisture wicking T-shirt! NEW Also available: Musicians of the Pittsburgh Symphony face masks! (Shirts and other optional swag will be mailed within 2-3 weeks of event completion.)
• PRIZES! 🏆 As always, our prize packages, awarded to top finishers overall and in eight age categories, include special items like PSO recordings, tickets, memorabilia, and other surprise items.
• COMMUNITY! 💞 Even though we won’t be mingling in the great outdoors, there are unique opportunities to connect with your PSO Musicians! Stay in touch on our Facebook page and tell us how you’re preparing for the race!
• SUPPORT AN AMAZING CAUSE! 🎻 We believe that music education is more important now than ever, and we are so proud to provide support to local music programs in need by donating 100% of race entry fees directly to the PSO Musicians Care Fund!
What is a Virtual Race?
A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, or anywhere that you’d like. You get to run your own race at your own pace!
Complete your selected distance any time between September 26 – October 4, 2020 and upload your time (optional) to see how you did!
NEW this year! Choose your distance:
• 1 Mile Fun Run
• 5K Run / Walk
• 10K Run / Walk
Entry Fees & Donations
This year’s entry fees are reduced to try to ease the financial burden many of us are experiencing this year. Additional donations to the PSO Musicians Care Fund are always welcome!
$15 Students / Children under 18
$25 Adult registration
Race entry fees (not including online processing fees) and any additional contributions to the “PSO Musicians Care Fund” are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. The “PSO Musicians Care Fund” is a component fund of the Pittsburgh Foundation which is a 501©(3) organization.
All participants will receive:
• Short-sleeved tech T-shirt
• Free running playlist curated by PSO Musicians
• Downloadable race bib & Finisher’s Certificate
• NEW! Musicians of the PSO face mask (optional)
Prizes will awarded to the top overall male and female finishers for 5K and 10K as well as the top male and female finishers in the following age groups:
12 & under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+
Who We Are
The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is made up of 101 of the world’s finest musicians. For more than a century the orchestra has been the cornerstone of Pittsburgh’s vibrant cultural landscape. The musicians of the Pittsburgh Symphony are members of the community of Pittsburgh, a community that is remarkable for its commitment to supporting the very best cultural institutions here in Pittsburgh. As teachers, parents, volunteers, and civic leaders, PSO musicians strive to connect with and build our community. We return the city’s commitment to excellence both with great concerts and with a complete embrace of community causes and needs.
Why We’re Doing This
Proceeds from this event will be donated to the PSO Musicians Care Fund, an endowment established by the musicians of the PSO and administered by the Pittsburgh Foundation. This fund directly benefits local area schools and community music programs that have undergone budget cuts due to funding losses. The fund offers critical support to these programs in a myriad of ways, helping to provide musical instruments, music lessons, instrument repairs, scholarships, and transportation to PSO educational performances. The musicians of the PSO feel passionately about the value of arts education, and feel the responsibility to aid in the cultural enrichment of young people’s lives.
Learn more or donate to the PSO Musicians Care Fund: pittsburghfoundation.org/pso
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
<p><strong><em>Get Involved!</em></strong><br>Don't want to run or walk? Become a race sponsor! Email us at MusiciansofSteel5Kgmail.com to learn more.
If you have questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]
Click to reach the official site
Information about the event is available in : English