Monster Mash & Dash
Benefitting Camp Corral
Every year Amberly hosts a 5K race through our beautiful neighborhood to raise money to support a local nonprofit organization that serves our community. This year the Amberly Charity 5K is supporting Camp Corral, which provides a free, weeklong summer camp for military children ages 8-15. Over 79 percent of campers we serve have a veteran parent, and 89 percent of campers have a parent who is a wounded, injured, ill or fallen service member/veteran.
Camp Corral partners with camps across the nation and has grown to 21 sessions in 17 states since its founding as a one-camp pilot program and has served more than 21,000 children since its founding, serving more than 3,200 military kids during the summer of 2019. At Camp Corral, military kids are free to be kids, away from the stresses and unique challenges of military life.
PLUS because we’re racing on Halloween we’re giving away some great prizes for Best Costume and Best Family Costume!
For more information on Camp Corral, visit www.campcorral.org.
We’ve added a virtual race option for those runners who aren’t yet ready to attend events. That means wherever you are – near or far – you can participate in a great race to support an amazing organization. All you need to do is run wherever you want and submit your times online! It’s really fun and super easy! Virtual runners will have the option of getting their packets at curbside pickup or having them shipped after the race.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
The Amberly Charity 5K is part of Fit & Able’s Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving situation due to Covid-19 any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be posted no later than 2 weeks prior to the race and emailed to all registered participants. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * *
Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Amberly Club House (1075 Residents Club Drive, Cary, NC 27519). For Virtual Runners: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run.
Course Information: The course is around the roads and trails of Amberly subdivision and greenways; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately. For Virtual Runners: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 5.5 Mile, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race. For Virtual Runners: All packets must be shipped for $10 per packet or retrieved at a curbside pickup. Packets will be mailed out after the event. Each packet can hold up to 2 shirts AND 2 medals.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you’re available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM -12:00 PM.
Race Souvenirs: All participants who register for the 5K and 5.5 Mile by October 15th will receive a t-shirt. Kids 1 Mile participants can purchase a t-shirt for $10 until October 15th.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out or left at Omega Sports. Save your Amberly Charity 5K bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on October 30th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
The Amberly Charity 5K and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren’t updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able’s email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren’t designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.