The Raider Run on the Pungo 5K fundraiser brings the students and the community together for a fun and rewarding event. All profits earned from the race will go directly to Pungo Christian Academy. The fruit of your donations will be seen in many areas of Pungo Christian Academy. By participating in the Raider Run on the Pungo you help provide a brighter future for our students, teachers, families and community. Thank you for being a part of the cause! Learn more about Pungo Christian Academy at pungochristianacademy.com
From Belhaven/Hyde Co.:
At Intersection of HWY 264/Bypass turn left onto Main Street/HWY 264 Business. Follow to end of Main Street. Community Park will be on right.
Take US HWY 264 towards Belhaven. Turn right onto Seed Tick Neck Road. Follow to stop sign. Turn left. Go over bridge into Belhaven. At Intersection, turn right onto Main Street/HWY 264 Business. Follow to end of Main Street. Community Park will be on right.
Follow through Intersection at HWY 264 Belhaven. Community Park at end of Main Street on right.
Streetside parking will be designated along the way to the Community Park.
COURSE TIMING & SCORING:
This 5K Course is on flat paved terrain throughout the waterfront community of Belhaven. Timing and scoring will be performed by Run The East.
More info online at www.runtheeast.com
Awards will be given to the top 3 M/F overall, top M/F in each group, and the oldest & youngest male and female finisher.
5K Age groups: 6 & under, 7-12, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 & over.
- No dogs, skates, or bikes are allowed on the race course.
- Runners must remain on the road course at all times.
- Race Director, the Race Committee, Run The East reserve the right to reject an application or remove any participant form the course at their discretion.
- Transfer of race numbers is strictly prohibited. No one is allowed on the course without a race number.
- To ensure a safe race, runners must avoid running side by side and blocking the roadway.
- All participants will need to be able to hear other runners or vehicles along the course
$20 ages 11 & up
$15 for ages 10 & under
All participants registered by Sept. 1 receive a t-shirt.
Participants will be able to pick up their race day info on the morning of the race beginning at 7:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. Please leave your valuables locked in your vehicle. Sponsors and volunteers will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
In the event this race cannot be held on Sept 14th, due to circumstance beyond our control, the race will be cancelled and not rescheduled for this year. No refunds will be given