The Rams Run is a color run/walk at South River High School! This is a fundraising event put on by the class of 2019. Members of the local community are encouraged to sign up and enjoy this fun run/walk! It follows a 5K course, but participants have the option of stopping after 1,2, or 3 miles. We like to emphasize the FUN more than the RUN. As our participants run/walk our course colored powder will be thrown, turning their white race t-shirt into a colorful badge of honor
First Color Run? No problem, here are a few helpful hints.
1) Not a runner? No problem, just know your limits. – This is a run, not a timed race. Most people sign up for a color run for the fun, not the run. You will see people walking and some only jogging in certain parts. Do what feels comfortable and best for you.
2) Protect your eyes! The powder is non-toxic, but some may find it irritating to have any type of dust or particles around their eyes. The best way to protect your eyes is with inexpensive sunglasses (Plus this help you to look cool)
3) Protect your phone! Phones in a simple zip-lock or sandwich bag are are protected from any color, but you can still use the touch screen! Same goes for any small cameras or electronics.
4) Dress the Part! We provide the white t-shirt, but many participants find it fun to get creative with their own bursts of color! Get some friends to make color coordinated tutus, or tie-dye socks! Think of the whole ensemble, get into it.
5) Protect your car. We will have blowing stations and give you a chance to clean off here at the run, but chances are you will be getting back into your car to go home after the race. You may want to put some towels in your car to protect your seats on the ride home.
6) Have fun! Sign up with some friends, spread the word. Take pictures at our color selfie station, don’t take it too seriously. This is a community event meant to have fun and not take ourselves too seriously. Happy Rams Run!
Your registration includes a free t-shirt, all of the powder you will need for the race, water, giveaways, and of course the registration fee. Participants can sign in and receive their t-shirt starting at 10 am. There will also be open registration for day-of registrants. We will kick off the day with some group stretches and warm ups, then it is off to the races! As participants circle the course they will be running through various color stations. At each color station they will be blasted with color (color modified cornstarch) resulting in a mosaic of color on their race day t-shirt (makes for great photos)! At the end of the race participants and their families are welcome to hang out, take pictures, visit our sponsor booths, and grab a bite to eat!