This Color Run is not about speed; it’s about fun! The Ramstein Color Run is a 5K fun run where runners are showered with color powder throughout the course. SO…just run for the FUN of it; every finisher will get a prize. *Kids 12 and under run for free!* We will have an area set up the day of event on the tennis courts behind the Southside Fitness Center for people to check in.
A portion of the funds raised will be donated to our local Operation Warmheart. This non-profit organization distributes charitable donations to service members and their families all year long, and disperses a majority of its funding during the holiday season.
Please remember it is the runner’s responsibility to make sure he/she has access to the base or an escort to get them on base.
Here are some tips for the run.
- Wear white at the starting line and finish plastered in color!
- Dress up. This is the kind of race that screams for crazy socks, a tutu, fairy wings, and/or a fabulous wig.
- Anything you don’t want colored, please leave in the car or use plastic sandwich bags to protect it. We will provide one plastic sandwich for you as part of your runner’s kit.
- Leave your iPod, GPS watch, and racing mentality at home. This is truly a fun run and should be enjoyed with all of your faculties. Besides, you really don’t want to risk damage due to the colored powder. Rather, the water damage when you try and clean the color off your beloved devices.
- But just in case you want to race, there will be a prize for the top 2 male and female runners.
- Wear a scarf, bandana, and/or sunglasses, but not your favorite pair. It will help protect your do and your eyes from the color. You can always just close your eyes as you run through the color stations, too.
- Bring wipes. You are going to at least want a cursory swipe with the wipes to make sure everything you touch in your car doesn’t turn colors. Bring a towel for your car seats or plastic covers.
Get a Refund By Referring Friends
Refer 1 or more participants and get a refund of up to $10.00.