Saturday, June 6, 2015
5K Run / 2 Mile Walk
• Scenic USATF Certified Route
• Chip Timing
• ASL-Interpreted Live Music by "Stoneface"
• Family-Friendly Reception/Games/Prizes
• Moisture Wicking Performance T-Shirts to the first 250 Registrants
Proceeds benefit children at RSD who are deaf or hard of hearing Registration/Check-In Begins: 8:00 a.m.
Run Begins: 9:00 a.m. / Walk Begins 9:05 a.m.
The 7th Annual RSD River Ramble will begin and end on the RSD campus, 1545 St. Paul Street, 14621. Participants can run, walk or “ramble” on a scenic route along the Genesee Riverway Trail. 5K race route certified to be accurate by the USATF #NY12108KL.
Walkers can enjoy a shorter (2 mile) section of this route, and young familes with children are welcome to participate in a 1-mile "Family Fun Walk" to and from Maplewood Park.
Awards to the top runners and fundraisers in various categories. First 250 registrants will receive a moisture wicking performance River Ramble T-shirt. Post-race reception includes great refreshments; bounce house and children’s games/prizes; live music; and sponsor booths.
Packet pick up will take place at the Perkins Building of RSD on Friday June 5 from 8:30a-4p, and again on race morning at the Registration Tent.
• Chip timing of runners by YellowJacket Racing
• Parking available at RSD and adjacent lots
• Proceeds benefit deaf and hard-of-hearing students at Rochester School for the Deaf
• Winners must be present to receive awards
• Participants are encouraged to seek pledges for their walk or run as a way of further supporting RSD students. Go to www.RSDeaf.org/Ramble for info on how to set up a simple fundraising page.
• Donations are fully tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. Registration fees, less $5/person, are also tax deductible
• Event takes place rain or shine; No refunds/No exceptions.