The Sandusky 0.5k – The “Running” Event for the Rest of Us!
Join your fellow community members for a day (actually more like 15 minutes) of glory, celebration and participation medals to raise money for a great organization, Ability Works, Inc.
The first annual Sandusky 0.5k will be held at 11 am on Saturday, July 20th, 2019 in downtown Sandusky.
This will be a unique event that promises to be full of fun and fundraising for a great local charity that strives to be the provider of choice for individuals with disabilities.
You can expect t-shirts, goodie bags, medals, beer, donuts, music, a costume contest and much more!
The David and Jacquie Clark Family Fund is the presenting sponsor of the First Annual Sandusky 0.5K, benefiting Ability Works, Inc., that will be held at 11 am on Saturday, July 20th, 2019 in Downtown Sandusky, Ohio.
The um, “Run” will start at Small City Taphouse where participants* will receive a generously donated Small City Taphouse glass souvenir full of beer before the start of the race while enjoying live music by the local band Lace Bullet.
Once started, the um, “race”, will head down Columbus Avenue and once participants reach the halfway point they will earn a sweet round treat courtesy of The Frosty Frog’s House of Donuts!
The finish line, located by Daly’s Pub, is where participants will get their second round of beer, ON THE HOUSE, along with their finisher medal.
And just in case the “race” got too strenuous, participants can relax with a complimentary mini back massage at the “Medical Tent” provided by Dr. Eric Braunscheidel and his team at Health Solution Centers of Sandusky.
And just when everyone thought this event couldn’t get any better it does with an “after party” where participants can enter in the costume contest, take selfies, and sing and dance to the live entertainment provided by the band Blue Spectrum!
Supporters of the “race” participants are also welcome to join in on the “after party” festivities because this event is inclusive of EVERYONE!
*Participants must be 21 years of age or older to receive alcoholic beverages and show a valid I.D. Minors will receive a non-alcoholic beverage in place of the beer.
• Participation Medals
• Oval Euro-style 0.5k sticker that you can attach to your rear windshield to show everyone how awesome you are!
• T-shirts of course. IF YOU WANT A T-SHIRT ON RACE DAY – AND WHO DOESN’T WANT ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS – YOU MUST REGISTER PRIOR TO APRIL 19TH, 2019. REGISTRATIONS AFTER THAT DATE WILL NEED TO PICK UP THEIR SHIRT 2-3 WEEKS AFTER THE EVENT.
• Donuts at the halfway point for carb-loading and energy, generously provided by The Frosty Frog’s House of Donuts.
• Finish line photos for sharing on social media. #SanduskyPoint5K
• Individual and group costume contests with prizes. Come dressed for fun at this family-friendly event! Superheroes, princesses, ninjas, celebrities, dinosaurs. The choice is yours what to wear, but the winner is up to us!
• “Medical Tent” hosted by Dr. Eric Braunscheidel and his team at Health Solution Centers of Sandusky will be giving mini back massages at the finish line.
Proceeds from the race registrations will benefit Ability Works, Inc.!
Don’t feel like running? Don’t think you can make it the full .5k? Then you should be a VIP!
For an additional $30, VIPs will pedal on by the other pedestrian participants on the Sandusky Brew Tour SanBrew Bike and will receive exclusive swag that others won’t get in addition to all of the listed goodies! There will only be 12 VIP spots available, so don’t hesitate or you’ll miss out on this sweat-free opportunity!
Yes, we need them!
There is a link at the top of the website for volunteer information and registration.
Please don’t forget to pass the word along to your friends and family and we’ll gladly put them to work too!
Please join us for a unique event that promises to be full of fun and fundraising for a great local charity that helps provides those in our community with developmental disabilities employment opportunities, extended employment, training, counseling and other services customized to their specific needs and more.