The Live Event is limited to 210 persons – there are three start times – 9 am (FULL) – 9:30 am – 10 am – there is a limit of just 70 persons per start – Runners can select their start time during the registration process.
April 27th – NOTE – CORRAL #2 – 9:30 AM START HAS JUST 5 SLOTS LEFT!
No Race Day Entry – No Awards Ceremony – Strict Local and State Covid guidelines will be in place.
Virtual Runners Can Post Their Times Here on Run Sign Up from June 14th thru June 19th
On Saturday, June 19, 2021, Class 64 of the New Jersey Army National Guard Officer Candidate School (NJOCS) in Sea Girt, NJ will host the 17th Annual Sergeant Nutter 5K Run. This event is organized by the SGT Sam Nutter Organization Inc (SSNO) in memory of the late SGT Samuel Nutter, to benefit the family of a NJ National Guard service member. We are asking for your help in aiding our Soldiers and their families in their time of need. We are pleased to announce that this year we will be honoring the late Captain (CPT) Douglas Hickok, the first Coronavirus related death in the US Armed Forces. The proceeds of this event will go towards Shandrea and Noah Hickok’s existing college debt. Please join us in honoring CPT Hickok’s memory on June 19, 2021. The 5K race will take place at the Army National Guard Training Center in Sea Girt, New Jersey. Given the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be offering virtual participation. On behalf of the Sergeant Samuel Nutter Organization, we encourage your support and thank you for being an invaluable part of this cause. You can support this cause by running in the race, donating, or becoming an event sponsor. Whichever you choose to do, know that you will be honoring the legacy of SGT Nutter during this year’s 17th annual 5K run. SSNO is a 501© 3 non-profit organization and 100% of the proceeds will be donated.
· All volunteers, staff, and participants will wear face coverings/masks at the race site and will comply with recommended CDC social distancing guidelines.
· Runners and walkers will be allowed to remove their face coverings after they cross the start line and must put them back on after crossing the finish line.
· At all times, the participants should observe social distancing as much as possible.
· Registrants will sign the race waiver upon registering that they will comply with this Covid-19 plan. If they refuse to sign or are not following the instructions the day of the race, they will not be allowed to participate.
· There will be NO AWARDS CEREMONY after the event. Results & Awards will be posted. Awards will be available for pick-up at the race director’s designated location.
· Face masks must be worn for packet pick up and only one person should go into the facility to pick up the packet.
· Portable toilets and hand-wash stations will be available pre & post-race.
· Bottled water only will be available around the 1.5-mile marker and the finish line. On course, water handlers will be wearing gloves and masks. However, participants are encouraged to bring their own means of hydration for the course.
· Any participant experiencing Covid-19 symptoms 2-3 days prior to the race are asked not to participate, EVENT FEE WILL BE ROLLED TO NEXT YEAR’S RACE ENTRY.
· Race Start: The start will be a rolling or time trial start. The start will be socially distanced (<- 6ft ->) and participants will be lined-up based on projected finish time, fastest to slowest pace.
· Spectators/Non-Participants are required to wear masks at-all-times and follow social distancing guidelines. Spectators/Non-Participants will not be allowed to remain near and around the finish area. All participants and non-participants must keep this area clear for finishing runners.
· Vendor tables will be spaced at least 6-ft apart.
· Due to COVID-19, there will be no post-race festivities.
· Participants are encouraged to leave the premises after they have completed the race to reduce large crowds.
NJOCS Class 64
SGT Samuel Nutter Organization
501©3 ID: 0400106803 EIN: 20-3572972