The Shine a Light Run will be our 3RD ANNUAL 5K to raise funds for The Porch Light ministry! We continue to grow our awareness with your support through this run and thank you for your continuation to change the lives of young girls. This race will bring light to the darkness that surrounds victims of sex trafficking. This year, we are dressing up in ways that represent our theme of Shining Your Light! Be creative! Some ideas to this theme are listed below. We want you to have fun and at the same time help us to be sincere in sharing the change to bring about in the lives of these children. Join us in the walk / run and be a light in the dark in your Lakeland community! The race will begin at Florida Southern College and continue around Lake Hollingsworth to end there. Registration starts at 5:30pm and race start time is 6:30pm.
Want to act now and get the word out about our Shine a Light events? We could use your help, and here are a few ways to start!
* Dress-up theme ideas: Dress as a candle, a son, spray paint your hair yellow, dress in all bright yellow colors, wear a headlight!
* Share our events on Facebook and other social media outlets! Get the latest Here!
* Come by our campus (1015 Sike Blvd in Lakeland) for flyers to share around the community, in churches and with friends!
* Purchase tickets to our formal gala with entertainment by recording artist Josh Wilson! Get your tickets Here!
* Contact corporate businesses or become one yourself for our Shine a Light events! Sponsorship levels and information/sign up can be found https://theporchlight.org/events/corporate-sponsorship/
If you have any more questions, please contact us at [email protected] or call (863) 557-4463.
We hope to see you there!
Give now to help child victims of sex trafficking!
Click to reach the official site
Information about the event is available in : English
The 5K will be the kick-off for our annual Shine a Light Events. In addition to the race we will also have a family friendly festival September 26th on the lawn of Lakeland’s First Presbyterian Church from 10:00am to 2:00pm, and then in the following week an evening for a black-tie gala beginning at 6:30pm.
The 5K itself will have food trucks and entertainment along with information on the Porch Light.
More information coming soon at ThePorchLight.org!