The National Snowshoe Beer Mile Championship is back for the fourth year in a row!! Same course, same location, whole different beast! In fact, you can expect the exact same lineup as the classic beer mile, only we do it in the snow and you MUST wear snowshoes.
“That Film Guy Kevin” will be back to film his second round of footage for his documentary. Check out our article in the Star Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/eau-claire-club-is-looking-for-traction-with-snowshoe-version-of-beer-mile/503568522/
Come join us once again for all of the fun of the summer beer miles with a fun twist unique to only the great city of Eau Claire. That’s right, we are the only “official” Snowshoe Beer Mile in the country! Come one, come all for another afternoon of drinking and debauchery!
***Free snowshoes will be provided, make sure to let us know.
*1:30pm ~ Registration, beer purchase and set up, rule overview, National Anthem
*2:00pm ~ Full Snowshoe Beer Mile
*2:45pm ~ Half & Open Snowshoe Beer Mile
*3:20pm ~ Snowshoe Tower Relay Race
*3:45pm ~ Award Ceremony
YOU MAY ENTER AND DO NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AS WELL. YOU WILL BE IN A SEPARATE “OPEN” CATEGORY.
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps to equal 1 mile total. Half beer mile will drink two cans and run four laps
Start – Beer/Lap – Beer/Lap – Beer/Lap – Beer/Lap – Finish
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap has begun, within the transition area. Transition area is the marked area before the finish/start line.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the transition zone. This ensures the competitors run a complete mile.
Beer (and non-alcoholic beverages) must be purchased at the Fox Run Tavern prior to the race. NO CARRY-INS ALLOWED.
4. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner. No shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top.
5. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Any beverage may be used for the open event.
6. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race. Penalty lap needs to be completed after the completion of the fourth lap
We are very excited to offer these multiple races this year:
1. Traditional Beer Mile (4 beers + 4 laps)
2. Half Beer Mile (2 beers + 4 laps)
3. Open Beer Mile (you decide # of drinks + equal # of laps)
4. Four-Person “Tower” Relay Race (teams of 4: shot/lap + wine/lap + mixed drink/lap + beer/lap)
1:30 PM: Race day registration & purchase approved beers (5% abv) from the Fox Run Tavern. NO carry-in beverages permitted.
2:00 PM: RACES START!
Compete in one or all!
Event is FREE for participation however ALL beverages must be purchased through Fox Run Tavern
Find all details on our website: https://www.facebook.com/events/2137791639809522/
Check out the Eau Claire Hash House Harriers at www.eauclaireh3.com