Our popular 5k and 1-mile run/walks are moving to a great new location: starting at Maine West High School, around the track, straight down Howard Avenue, around beautiful Lake Opeka, finishing at the Lake Park Clubhouse. Proceeds benefit the Des Plaines Park District Scholarship Fund. Gear check, water available throughout, and refreshments provided. Chip timed, with splits provided at every mile make this course the perfect 5k to PR. This race is timed and scored by J3 Timing.
Pre-registration: Adults $30 • Race Day Registration: $35 • Registration fees are non-refundable.
Event updates: Posted on DPParks.org and Facebook.
Race Details: The course includes the Maine West HS track, flat streets, and a scenic section around Lake Opeka The race is run rain or shine.
Gear Check: 7:00–10:00a, next to the Registration Tent.
• T-shirts will be given to the first 200 registered runners and walkers.
• Water will be available at the start, finish, and on the course.
• Refreshments are provided: fruit, bagels, energy bars, and water.
• Chip timed.
• No dogs allowed. Strollers must start at the rear.
• Parking is available at Maine West (Use the Oakton Street entrance) and at Lake Park. Maps are on DPParks.org.
Runners’ Awards: Overall 1st place male and female of the Dash 5K Race
1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female in each age group for the Dash 5K Race:
12 and under • 13–19 • 20–29 • 30–39 • 40–49 • 50–59 • 60–69 • 70+
First male and female residents of Des Plaines for the Dash 5K Race
Race results will be posted on and DPParks.org.
Race Packets: Pickup is at Prairie Lakes Community Center, 515 E. Thacker Street.
Friday, June 5, 12:00p–6:00p or prior to 7:40a on race day,
at the Registration Tent. See a course map, with parking locations. Download the map PDF.