The Ultra Mirage® El Djerid #UMED100k is the first 100km Ultra Trail taking place in the stunning Tunisian Sahara desert.
📌Ultra Mirage® 2019 September 28th | Fierce Mind’s Edition registrations are now open. www.ultramirage.com/umed2019
A single stage race that takes runners across a wide diversity of terrains, ranging from soft sand, small dunes, rocks, dried river beds, oasis…
Runners will have 20 hours to finish the race with very specific deadlines to reach each of the five checkpoints which will be between 15-20km apart. Both medical and technical help as well as water supply will be available at each checkpoint. This race is open to all types of athletes, from professional ultra runners to anyone passionate about ultra trails, with a lot of training of course.
• About Djerid Region : Tozeur is the main city of the Djerid, a region situated in South West of Tunisia. It is very well known for its stunning surroundings with a mixture of Rocky Mountains, valleys, salt lakes and desert dunes and most of all for the generosity of its people. The area of the Djerid has been the background of famous movies including Star Wars, the English Patient just to name a few. The diversity and the beauty of the Djerid makes it a major attraction for tourists from all around the world.
• About 395 EUR International Runners Race Package
-Package include: Race entry fees
-Full 3 nights accommodation at a 4* hotel in Tozeur (double room sharing)
-Meals (buffet) during your hotel stay (beverage not included)
-Ground transportation Tunis-Tozeur-Tunis by bus (private car hires available on request)
-Race goodies including T-shirt, sport bag and cap, wristband
-Tracking device (to be returned to organizers after the race)
-Salt tablets + Energy Bars
-Finisher Medal and Certificate (for finishers)
• About Security : Our upmost priority is the security and the well-being of our runners, volunteers and organizers. That is why UMED works very closely throughout the race with the Tunisian Army, local Police and the National Guards to ensure that everyone stays safe at all times and enjoys the adventure. The race has also the backing of local authorities which have put significant means in place to make it a success!
#UMED100K FAQ !
Date: Saturday 28 September 2019
Time: 07:00am (Tunisia Time / GMT+1)
Place: Ong Jmel / Mos Espa – Tozeur
Distance: 100km (distance may vary)
Category: Ultra Long Distance Desert Race
Stages: Single Stage Race / 20h limit
Terrain: Salt lake, soft sand, dried river beds
Time Limit: 20hours (cut off times for Check Points will apply)
Weather Conditions: Expect hot dry weather (mid 30s C at that time of year)
Number of Check Points: 5
Number of participants: 300 runners
Current record: Mohamed El Morabity (Men, 2017, 08:48:11), Elisabet Barnes (Women, 2018, 10:12:12)
Registrations open: 05 November 2018
Registrations close: 05 August 2019
Prices: EUR 395. Package include race entry fees, ground transport and full accommodation and meals throughout the stay.
Friends & Family: absolutely welcome! They would benefit from the same transport, accommodation, hospitality and meals package. On race day, they will have the advantage to follow the race as well as go on a discovery tour in the Sahara!
Prize Money: Women: #1 EUR 3000, #2 EUR 1500, #3 EUR 500
Men: #1 EUR 3000, #2 EUR 1500, #3 EUR 500.
Trophies: for top 3 winners of each category of males and females, as well as Best over 50s male and female.
• ITRA Points: 4 POINTS
• Qualifying Race: 4 UTMB® POINTS and others (subject to course validation)
• Logistics: Runners expected to fly into Tunis Carthage Airport (connected to all major European cities). Departure will be on Thursday 26th September from Tunis to Tozeur. Return on Sunday 29th September late afternoon.
Click to reach the official site
Information about the event is available in : English French Russian Italian
The Ultra Mirage© El Djerid (UMED) is the first 100km Ultra Trail taking place in the stunning Tunisian Sahara desert. A single stage race that takes runners across a wide diversity of terrains, ranging from soft sand, small dunes, rocks, dried river beds, oasis, desert lakes…
Runners will have 20 hours to finish the race with very specific deadlines to reach each of the five checkpoints which will be between 15-20km apart.
Both medical and technical help as well as water supply will be available at each checkpoint.
This race is open to all types of athletes, from professional ultra runners to anyone passionate about ultra trails, with a lot of training of course.