Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® is an opportunity for men and women to raise awareness in Carroll County about causes, effects, and solutions to sexual violence against women. It is also a very important fundraiser for Rape Crisis Intervention Service (RCIS) as it allows us to continue providing free and confidential services to victims of sexual violence in Carroll County, their friends and family members.
To find out more about our services, visit: www.rapecrisiscc.org. If you or someone you know may be helped by our services, please call our 24-hour hotline at (410) 857-7322.
5 Steps to Step Up!
1. REGISTER yourself to walk at www.walkamilecc.org. Be a leader and create your own team! A team can consist of two or more people.
Early Registration from Mon., February 4th – Fri., March 29th:
Adult: $35, Student: $20, Child (0-12): $5. T-shirt included for Adults and Students! We do not offer children’s T-shirts at this time.
Late Registration from Sat., March 30th – Thurs., April 11th and day-of:
Adult: $40, Student: $25, Child (0-12): $5. T-shirt NOT included.
We are unable to provide refunds. We are not in a position to refund your credit card or issue checks.
2. INVITE friends and family to register as part of your team.
3. SHARE the event page on Facebook and start a fundraiser. Because this a very important fundraiser for us, we encourage everyone to raise a minimum of $50. Fundraising will remain open until Friday, April 26, 2019.
4. REACH OUT! Let your friends and family know why this event is important to you and ask them to donate to your team.
5. WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES! High heels or not, everyone of every gender is encouraged to step up and walk with us! We’ll see you at Westminster City Park on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
On-site registration and check-in begin at 10AM and the walk will begin at 11AM.
BREAKFAST WILL BE PROVIDED by the Lineboro-Manchester Lions Club and registered walkers are invited to enjoy free pizza from Genova’s To Go Westminster after the walk!