Support your community YMCA by participating in our Valentine’s Day-themed road race. Dress warm in Valentine’s apparel and run or walk with friends and family. Proceeds benefit the Stratford YMCA Annual Campaign. When you support our Annual Campaign, you are helping everyone experience the Y and strengthening your community. Lots of awards are earned, and so are bragging rights! Register in person at the Stratford YMCA or on-line at www.hitekracing.com/sweetheart.
- **4 mile course, with mile splits at 1, 2, & 3 miles. Water station at mile 2.
- **This is a rolling course. Course map posted on the Hi-Tek website.
- **Computerized timing and results.
- **Long sleeve shirts for the first 200 registered.
- **Live entertainment and a post-race buffet of seasonal refreshments.
- —Packet pickup and registration (individual and team) will begin at 8:00am.
- —Parking is limited at Boothe Memorial Park. We strongly encourage carpooling.
- —In the event of inclement weather causing unsafe road conditions, the race organizers reserve the right to cancel the race. Please check www.hitekracing.com.
- —Trophies awarded to first overall finishers (male and female) and to the top 3 finishers in each age division.
- —There will be no duplication of awards.
- —Runners are encouraged to review race results before leaving Boothe Memorial Park.
Two Person "Sweetheart" Teams
- —Male and female runners will comprise each team.
- —If you plan to run with a partner and you know who your partner will be, we encourage you to preregister.
- —If you do not have a partner but would like to be on a Sweetheart Team, we will try to match you with another runner on race day.
- —Team age categories are calculated by combining the ages of the partners. Example: 51 year old male + 47 year old female = 98, thereby placing them in the 90-99 combined-age category.
- —Medals awarded to first overall Sweetheart Team and 3-deep in all age categories.
Best Dressed Award
Dress in your most festive Valentine’s Day apparel for a chance to win the Best Dressed Award! We dare you to wear as many hearts and cupids and as much red, pink, and purple as you can.
Directions to Boothe Memorial Park
From Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway:
Go south off of the exit ramp onto Main Street (Route 110). Bear right (almost immediately) onto Main St. Putney. Follow 1/4 mile and Boothe Memorial Park will be on your left.