The new ahotu Marathons makes it easier for you to find the races you’re looking for, get the latest news and contribute your voice to our community. This is not a major redesign, we have just tried to make the site more readable, more easy to use and more fun.
Here is a quick summary of the sections of the website that have been added or improved.
During the past two years, the coverage of the calendar has been expanded to half marathons and longer races. But you certainly have noticed that for each event, we try to present all the races organized during the event, even if they are less than 21.1 km. We have now accumulated more that 2,000 of such races.
They are now present directly in the calendar.
The pages presenting the different races have also been redesigned. Instead of a long page listing the information about the race, the page now shows different tabs, making it easier to consult :
- There is a tab dealing with the characteristics of the race and its official website.
- Another tab is listing all the news published about the event.
- The photo gallery has been greatly improved. If you have taken photos about an event and would like to add them to the page, just send them by mail at [email protected]
- A tab is listing all the reviews written by fellow runners
- The “Runners” tab lists all the members of ahotu Marathons who have already run the race or are planning to participate.
- The “Book a hotel” tab lists a selection of hotels located in the vicinity of the race. Provided by our partner booking.com this booking tool offers low prices, a very broad choice of 160,000 hotels and it also helps ahotu Marathons make a living. It is a win-win deal.
The advanced search is now open to all. The tool used to be exclusively for members. Now all visitors of the website can give it a try and will access the first 50 races corresponding to the criteria selected.
On the other side, if you are a member, you’ll get access to the first 200 races and you will be able to save your searches for future use.
The tool makes extensive use of a multi-selection widget that clearly displays the value selected for a criteria and makes ii really easy to set the criteria.
You can now create cross-border selections easily. Here is an example for a search listing races organized in Maine and New Brunswick.
If you are not a member yet, creating an account is free. Click here.
The profile page, just like the race page is organized around different tabs.
- The first tab displays your profile and enables you to edit it.
- The “Searches” tab lists all the searches you have created and saved in the advanced search page.
- The “Reviews” tab lists all the reviews you have written about the races you have already taken part in.
- And the “Races” tab displays your running activity. This is where you can list all the races you have run and announce your future races.
- Event organizers will also find two new tabs, one listing their races and a second one listing the documents or photos stored for their events on the site.
Two additional sections have appeared in the home page.
As a picture is worth a thousand words, the first section presents a selection of pictures showing the environment of a selection of forthcoming events.
The second one features the latest interview published on the blog.
I hope you’ll like the new design. As I told you, it is not a major redesign, just a few enhancements to make your life easier while you’re browsing the website.
Don’t hesitate to let me know what you think about it in the comments below and dive me additional suggestions to improve your ahotu Marathons. I really want to hear/read your thoughts.