Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam: Runners from around Vietnam, both Vietnamese and Expat, met in Da Lat for the first Vietnam Victory Challenge Trail Run. Racers participated in three distances:
The weather was amazing and the competition fierce in all categories. Racers left Dalat and wound through mountain trails, passing local farmers, crossing streams and rural bridges before finishing at the Valley of Love. Competitors showed true sportsmanship by celebrating each returning runner with applause, and many running into the finish side by side.
Highlights of the race include Richard Fitton winning the 50km in an astonishing time of 4hours 54minutes, with a comfortable 23 minute lead! Yen Vo surprised many spectators by coming in at 5hours 21minutes, winning not only the women’s 50km category, but also besting most of the men as well.
The 21km distance was a spectacular race with the top racer, Florian Deichmann, coming in at 1hour 43minutes. The top women’s spot was separated by only 9 seconds with 13 year old Dao Thi Linh Nhi of Dalat taking the top spot!
The 10km distance was dominated by local Dalat residents. With the men’s spot going to K’Sy, running barefoot and coming in at 47:46. Fifteen year old Nguyen Ngoc Uyen won in the women’s category with just a five second lead at 1hour 10minutes.
Top runners in each category are below:
- 50KM 1st Richard Fitton 4:54:46 Yen Vo 5:21:11
- 50KM 2nd Grant Bowdery 5:17:13 Nguyen Linh Chi 6:28:01
- 50KM 3rd Richard Leech 5:23:12 Sara Valentina 6:30:38
- 21KM 1st Florian Deichmann 1:43:50 Dao Thi Linh Nhi 2:32:49
- 21KM 2nd Graham Knight 1:45:55 Hannah Gruner 2:23:58
- 21KM 3rd Lam Le 1:47:53 Anna Abramova 2:33:23
- 10KM 1st K’Sy 47:56 Nguyen Ngoc Uyen 1:10:15
- 10KM 2nd Ya Dai 47:58 Dang Thi Thu Trang 1:10:20
- 10KM 3rd K’Thanh 48:24 Raisa Sell 1:10:22
Full results can be found online at http://www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=64816