The Chupacabra 50k is run in the heart of the most beautiful trails of midwestern Texas at Copper Breaks State Park. If you’re looking for a scenic but tough trail run this is the race for you. The route runs along the dry and cool climate of the west.
5:30 AM to 7:30 AM Packet Pickup
6:20 AM 50k Race Meeting
6:30 AM 50k Start
7:20 AM 17k Race Meeting
7:30 AM 17k Start
6:30 PM is the cut off time for all races
50K – Three loops
17K – One loop
This is a cupless race. We will have water refill stations to refill your own bottles and cups.
Use trail etiquette.
What You Get
Every runner will get a Chupacabra T-shirt and a race bag, a very memorable race experience, and a good time with new people and stories to tell. We will have aid station food and supplies at this event at the main tent. All finishers will receive an award for the distance they ran. The winner of each distance will get a big first-place trophy for both males and females.
1. Social Distancing will be required and enforced at ALL times
2. Everyone at the event (directors, volunteers, spectators, and runners) will be required to wear a mask unless actively running.
3. Runners will be required to wear a mask at aid stations/start/finish
4. Sanitize stations will be available at all stations
5. Participants will sign a waiver that includes
- A declaration that they knowingly are not infected with COVID-19
- Have not had a fever, been sick, or experience COVID symptoms in the past 14 days
- Will report to the race director within 7 days of the event if signs or symptoms are shown
This event does not provide for refunds in the event of a cancellation, no one entitled to a refund if the event is canceled before or during the event.