City of San Antonio Mayor and Council appointed Sheryl Sculley as City Manager, the Chief Executive Officer, of the nation’s 7th largest City in 2005. Shortly after the City Manager’s 5K Walk & Run, often referred to as the CM5K, was born in the winter of 2007 in an attempt to showcase the City’s concentration on increasing an interest in wellness among City of San Antonio employees and their families.
Since 2007 the CM5K has grown exponentially, moving from an event focused solely on City employees held at Brackenridge Park in 2007 to an event open to the entire community hosted at Sea World San Antonio through 2016. The 2017 CM5K took place at historic Alamo Plaza with a route that highlighted some of San Antonio’s vibrant downtown and near downtown northern districts.
The 2019 City Manager’s 5K Walk & Run will celebrate its 11th year and the final CM5K of Sheryl Sculley’s tenure as City Manager. This year the event will again be held in the downtown area, but will instead head south through the Arsenal, Southtown and King William districts in partnership with the YMCA of Greater San Antonio’s Siclovia, a free event that turns major city streets into a temporarily car-free safe place for people to run, ride bikes, take exercise classes, and more for about 5 hours immediately following the CM5K.
Join us in showing our appreciation of City Manager Sculley’s vision and commitment to a healthy City of San Antonio Sunday, March 31, 2019. You won’t want to miss it!
Things to Expect:
Fun and friendly atmosphere
Great new Southtown course
Awards for top finishers
Live music, games, and vendors
Enjoy Siclovia after the 5K
Much much more, don’t miss it!!!
Sunday, March 31, 2019
11th Annual City Manager’s 5K Walk & Run
622 S. Flores
San Antonio, TX 78204
Schedule of Events:
Day of event registration: 7-8am
Opening ceremonies: 8am
Race start: 8:30am
Closing ceremonies: 9:30am
Event end: 10:30am
Siclovia Start: 11am
CM5K parking options are provided to event participants FREE of charge and include the following locations:
• Community Participants – $15 (through March 17, 2019), $25 (March 18-30), $35 (race day).
• City of San Antonio Employees & Retirees - FREE
• Family and Friends of City Employees – $7.00 per person (plus online fees)
• Registration fee includes event registration and event t-shirt
• All ages welcome
• Event day registration at Commander’s House from 7-8am
• All payments subject to online processing fees
• No refunds
Packet Pick-up Day 1: Location TBD, Thursday, March 28
Packet Pick-up Day 2: Location TBD, Friday, March 29
* Group packet pick-up will be available for City staff. Be on the lookout for more information coming soon.
You can also pick up your packet on race day on race site from 7am-8:25am, however, we advise you to pick up your packet on Thursday-Friday to avoid long lines on race day.
• Top 3 Male and Female
• Top Masters Male and Female (40+ yrs old)
• Top Grand Masters Male and Female (50+ yrs old)
• Top 3 Male and Female in the following categories:
9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69,70+
• Volunteers needed! Contact IAAP at 558-7828 for volunteer opportunities.
For most common race questions, please click following link: TBD