UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19
ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED. THE RACE DIRECTOR AND TIMING COMPANY, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FOLLOW THESE RULES, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THESE RACES.
1. All runners required to wear masks/face covering pre- and post race. Race staff wear masks full time.
2. There will be Online registration only, and there will be absolutely no Race Day Registration.
3. Check in will be done onsite. Runner bibs will be provided in accordance with the Covid-19 recommendations at that time.
4. Race day check in line(s) will be marked with 6-ft intervals (as in stores now).
5. No water will be supplied – runners required to BYO
6. Hand sanitizer/soap & water at bathrooms/PortaJohns, runners must wear masks when using and there will be 6-ft spacing marked on waiting lines.
7. Start “line” replaced by a grid – runners stand on marked spots at 6 ft. spacing (similar to Indy/Grand Prix auto start – see diagram below) and runners/walkers will be allowed to start every 5-10 seconds, 3 -4 runners wide or in waves. If you have immediate family members that you live with, you can start together. Your bib number will be your starting order, i.e. bib 1 will go 1st, Bib 2, will go 2nd, etc. Specific instruction on starting procedures will be emailed to all registrants prior to the event.
8. Chip timing will be used and all placing will be calculated based on Chip Time, NOT GUN TIME!
9. Runners must leave finish area ASAP. No congregating in groups afterward.
10. Results will be streamed live and no paper results will be printed.
11. During the race runners may be asked to adhere to a “no drafting” rule similar to triathlons, I.e. they must maintain a 6-ft. separation from runners they pass or are passed by.
12. If you feel sick, or have been exposed to COVID-19 prior to the event, we ask you the STAY HOME.
Additional race information can be found at http://bucks5kseries.com/.