THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Half HURT Half Marathon
DUE TO CURRENT COVID RESTRICTIONS, WE WERE NOT ABLE TO GET THE NECESSARY PERMITS FOR THIS EVENT.
We hope you are all well and safe. COVID-19 has placed a stranglehold on most outdoor events. In an attempt to get you back on the trails and competing, we have designed this half marathon to allow you to run on the HURT 100 course, while maintaining safety and following social distancing guidelines.
The event is limited to 50 entrants. We will have a staggered start and self-serve aid stations. Volunteers will be available to replenish supplies and ensure cleanliness only.
Upon entering, you will be placed on the waitlist, in the order of when the registration was submitted. On 1/2/21 at 0700 HST, the first 50 runners on the waitlist will be invited to accept entry and pay the non-refundable entry fee. You have until 1/5/21 at 0700 HST to accept entry. If you withdrawal or do not respond, you will be removed from the waitlist. On 1/5/21 at 0700 HST, additional runners will be invited to fill any remaining slots. Once 50 runners have accepted, or on 1/8/21 at 0700 HST, the event registration will be closed.
This event is contingent on receiving permits from the State of Hawaii DLNR and the City and County of Honolulu. Their requirements may require us to change our planning and guidelines at any time.
We ask your Kokua in following all guidelines of the race and direction of the race directors. Successfully following these guidelines directly effect our ability to get permits for future events. Mahalo!
The course is approximately a half marathon in distance. We will start the event at Archie Baker Park (Triangle Park), 1959 Makiki Heights Drive. It will follow the HURT 100 course, without the Manoa leg. You will run from Makiki to Nuuanu via the HURT course, and return to Archie Baker Park as you would if finishing the HURT 100.
Maps will be posted prior to the event at https://hurthawaii.com/trail-series/.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
In an effort to deliver a COVID-safe event, we have designed the course and the start / finish process to minimize contact. Details are described below, but could change to meet requirements of the City and County of Honolulu and the State of Hawaii:
1. Limit the field of participants to a maximum of fifty
2. All participants must reside in the State of Hawaii – neighbor island participants will comply with any travel-related restrictions and requirements in place
3. Limit the number of volunteers to a maximum of twelve
4. No pre-race or post-race gathering will be allowed
5. Check-in on race morning will be required via text message (details following)
6. Runners must wait in their vehicle until 10 minutes prior to their start time
7. Participants and volunteers will have to have a temperature lower than 100.4 degrees F on race morning in order to participate
8. Participants and volunteers will need to respond to the COVID questionnaire with all “no” answers in order to participate.
9. The start will be staggered – Five runners per ten minutes. We will utilize Ultrasignup historical performance as to start times.
10. Face coverings are required for all runners while using aid stations as well as when passing any other trail users
11. All volunteers will wear PPE (masks, gloves, and face shield)
12. Runners will be responsible for accessing drinks in aid station – volunteers are only present for safety, replenishing supply, and cleaning
13. Hand sanitizer will be available for use
Portable toilet will be available at the turn-around aid station
We continue to monitor the City and County of Honolulu Tier system, and we are hopeful that HURT, Inc’s plan to deliver a safe event will be acceptable to both the State of Hawaii, and the City and County of Honolulu.