AN EVENT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY AND FOR ALL LEVELS!
Come join the fun! This is a great way to start off your triathlon season!
Do it by yourself or as part of a relay team. Teams can be co-ed or single sex teams, 2 or 3 person
RACE DAY PLAN – IT’S OFFICIAL (as of March 23, 2021)
Due to UWW restrictions, we will be using the same format as our September Latebird. The swim will take place at the Whitewater Aquatic Center. After the swim is completed, the clock will stop. Athletes will drive to Starin Park and be started for the bike/run portions of the race. The swim time will be added to the bike & run portions, for final results. All awards will be mailed.
We will NOT have ON-SITE registration. Registrations will close by Thursday, April 29th, 6pm.
General Meetings will be offered, via Zoom, either on Friday evening and/or Saturday. Links will be sent to all registrants race week.
Please be masked before and after racing. Masks must be worn inside the Whitewater Aquatic Center and removed before you enter the water. They should be put back on, as you exit the water. They should be on, at all times, while not racing, and on the event premises.
1. Go to Starin Park, pickup your chip, shirt (if you bought one), and race number.
2. Rack your bike.
3. Head over to the pool (give yourself 10 minutes to get there).
4. Get ready to swim – GOOD LUCK!
5. After you’re done (mask up inside the building), get into your car, and drive back to Starin Park.
6. Get in line to start your bike/run. GOOD LUCK!
7. Once you are done, please mask up.
Park bathrooms are available. This would be the place to change clothing, either before you start your bike or after you are completely done.
1. SPRINT Tri: 500 yd swim, 13 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run
2. OLYMPIC Tri: 1000 yd swim, 26.5 mile bike, and 6 mile run
3. DUATHLON: 2 mile run, 13 mile bike, 2 mile run
RELAY TEAMS – PLEASE READ
Only 1 relay member registers on-line. All other team members complete a paper waiver form.
All division awards will be mailed:
Race Shirts (wicking shirts available)
Overall Race Awards
1st through 3rd division medals
LOW entry fees! More ways to save:
1. SPECIAL DISCOUNT CODES:
Are you in the military, a veteran, or a police officer? THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!! Use the code, FREEDOM, for a 20% discount.
Are you a doctor or nurse? THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!! Use the code, RESCUE, for a 20% discount.
Are you over 65 years of age? You’re an awesome example to all! Use the code, GOLDEN, for a 15% discount
Are you currently enrolled or teach at UW-Whitewater? Use the code, UWW, for a 15% discount
2. Individual race fees listed, do NOT include shirt prices (Relay fees DO include standard t-shirts).
3. We offer a $5 discount for group entries. A group is 6 individual racers, registering under the same group name. Use the coupon code GROUP, to receive this discount.
Only 1 coupon code can be used.
About the J-Hawks
We are a 501c3 not-for-profit youth organization, that offers swim lessons and a youth swim team. No child is ever turned away due to financial struggles. The monies raised, from our triathlons, are vital in allowing us to offer free and reduced programs, to area children.
We truly appreciate your support and are always looking for feedback on how we can improve.