About: Olive-Harvey College proudly hosts its first annual fall scholarship 5K walk/run event. Olive-Harvey College, located in the historic Pullman neighborhood of Chicago, serves thousands of students annually in their pursuit of a certificate, associates degree, GED or learning English as a second language. Proceeds from the fall scholarship 5K walk/run race will provide Olive-Harvey students the financial support to complete their educational and career goals.
The Course: The fall scholarship 5K walk/run race will take place on the beautiful Olive-Harvey College campus. The course will highlight the newly open Evolution Center, College athletic facilities, and finish in the College square. The course is multi-surface; both grass and pavement. It is a timed race, with medals for the first three finishers in both the men and women division.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are strollers allowed on the course?
Yes. Participants running or walking with strollers must line up toward the back and keep in mind the multi-service course.
2. Are dogs allowed on the course?
The only animals permitted on the course are service animals.
3. How old must a person be to participate?
Under 18 must have a parents signed permission
4. I registered but I will not be able to participate. Can I still pick up my bib and T-shirt?
Yes. Stop by packet pick up to collect your bib and race shirt.
5. Can a friend or family member pick up a runners race packet?
Yes. The friend or family must present a copy of the participants ID and confirmation of race entry.
6. Are refunds available for runners unable to participate on race day?
No. Unfortunately, no refunds will be issued after registration.
7. When should participants arrive to the course on race day?
Participants should arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the race.
8. Is parking available?
Yes. Free parking is available in the Olive-Harvey College student parking lot.
9. Is there packet pick-up available on race day?
Yes. Race day packet will be available from 6:30 am – 7:45 am.
10. Will there be on-sight registration on race day?
Yes. Runners can register the day of the race for an additional cost of $40, cash only.
11. Is “Gear Check” available for participants?
Yes. Gear check will be available for registered participants from 6:30 am – 10:30 am. Olive-Harvey College will not be responsible for lost, damaged for stolen items. Gear check bags must be clearly marked with runners bib numbers.