Raccoon Run 5K
THIS RACE WILL BE LIVE! LIMIT OF 100 PEOPLE!
PLEASE READ THE COVID GUIDELINES BELOW HERE AS YOU WILL AGREE TO THEM ON THE WAIVER.
1. Masks are required
2. For families we will request 1 representative pick up all packets and distribute to their family members to avoid multiple people picking up their packets.
3. A word of caution If you have an underlying respiratory or medical condition we recommend you do not participate in the event or participate in solidarity once you have picked up your packet and possibly on your own time.
4. Spectators must remain in vehicles. Give that horn a workout. There is ample parking near Baxter Blvd and Payson Park to see runners go by from inside your car.
5. Limit of 100 people
6. There will be staggered starts (size to be determined based on numbers) for example if we have 40 people and we can socially distance 5 people across the start line we will do 8 different starts to space people.
7. No congregating at the finish area once you have finished and caught your breath you must either cool down or keep walking away from the finish.
Start is at 84 Baxter Blvd Portland. SEE DESCRIPTION BELOW
$20 early bird pre-entry fee by April 1st
- $24 thereafter——-$29 Race Day
Benefits “Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland”
The Raccoon Run 5K Race is running the old fashioned way — scenic off road courses — great competition — no rock bands — no squeezable yogurt — beautiful T-Shirts — useful awards (pint glasses) — plain water, not flavored water — plus bad jokes by the race director before and after the race!!!
Colorful Raccoon Run T-Shirts to all entered by June 1st as available after
Cash Prizes to Overall Winners
Raccoon Run Pint Glasses Top Male/Female Overall & Age Groups 14 & Under- 80+
Team Awards 1st Running Club, Corporate & Open Teams of 4 or more people.
Dogs welcome so long as they behave and participant gives way in the front of the start.
For more information E-mail: [email protected] Check payable to “Pine Tree Race Services"
*Due to recent changes in fee structures in the City of Portland and to keep race entry fee reasonable, packet pickup is 0.4 miles away from the finish and 0.9 miles away from the start. Maps will be provided. Driving time is less than 5 minutes from each location. There will be 15 minutes between closing of packet pickup and race start to allow runners to assemble.
No Refunds. In the event of catastrophic weather, a public health crisis, or extreme events beyond race managements’ control every effort will be made to hold the race on an alternate date. If this is not possible, the race will be transformed to a virtual event where participants run the course & submit their results on their own.