Have you ever wondered whether the reindeer or the elves are Santa’s favorite? How about which one is faster? Or better team players? Join us on Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 2:45pm in Lewisville, NC to run the inaugural Santa’s Showdown: Reindeer vs. Elves 2.5 Mile Race and find out.
Just before the annual Lewisville Christmas Parade, Santa’s reindeer and elves will lace up their running shoes to see which group will get to hang its ornament on the Christmas Tree Trophy. Half the entrants will be designated as reindeer and half the entrants will be designated as elves. At the end of the race, the total times of each group (reindeer vs. elves) will be added together. The group with the lowest cumulative time will be declared the winner for the year and have its winning ornament placed on the Christmas Tree Trophy.
• All runners will be assigned a “role” of either reindeer or elf. They will not know which they are until packet pick-up.
• There will be no switching roles. It would make life very difficult on our race scorers. Thank you for understanding.
• All participants MUST wear their race shirt on race day (either their reindeer shirt or elf shirt) and their assigned bibs. Headgear that is provided (reindeer antlers and elf hat) are optional but encouraged.
• Online registration will close at 3:30pm on Saturday, December 8. In-person registration and packet pick-up will close on Saturday at 5:00pm.
• Packet pick-up will be Thursday, December 6 (Time TBD), Friday, December 7 (Time TBD), and Saturday, December 8 (will end at 5pm) at Lowes Foods in Lewisville at 177 Lowes Food Drive, Lewisville, NC 27023.
• There will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION and NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP. Sorry, no exceptions.
• Event day parking is only allowed in pre-designated areas (maps coming soon). In order to park, drivers must have a parking pass. Parking passes will be distributed at packet pick-up. We encourage runners to carpool to this event.
• From the parking lots, runners and their parties will take a shuttle to the staging area at Lowes Foods.
• Shuttles will run between the staging area and the parking lot(s) from 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
• Runners should arrive at the Lowes Foods staging area no later than 2:30pm to ensure their ability to participate in the race.
• The race will start at 2:45pm. There is a 30-minute time limit to get to the 2-mile mark. All runners MUST be at the 2-mile mark of the race by 30 minutes after the start.
• Each finisher will receive a special Christmas gift after crossing the finish line. Only race finishers will receive this gift.
• We encourage all participants to stay and watch the Lewisville Christmas Parade after the event.
• Each runner will receive an individual time, but the awards for the race will go to a group—either the reindeer or the elves. The group with the lowest cumulative time will have an ornament put on the Christmas Tree Trophy. The only individual awards that will be distributed are top male/female reindeer and top male/female elf. But don’t fret, every race finisher will receive a small award/gift that Santa has designed himself.
• The Lewisville Christmas Parade will begin at approximately 3:15pm.
Running in the inaugural Santa’s Showdown: Reindeer vs. Elves 2.5 Mile Race helps raise awareness and funds for IFB Solutions and the Lewisville Civic Club. IFB Solutions supports activities and training that bolster confidence, support independence and increase the life and job skills of people who are blind or visually impaired. The Lewisville Civic Club organizes events to improve community life and generally make the Lewisville community a good place to live and raise a family.
To donate directly to IFB Solutions on our secure website, please click here:
Click to reach the official site
Information about the event is available in : English