Shoreline 1/2 Marathon – 5k – Kids Run Wild Races
Where: Hamlin Beach State Park, Area 4, Hamlin, NY MAP of Area
All entries are non-transferable and non-deferrable, no exceptions.
UPDATE – June 24, 2020 - We last wrote you June 15th with some updates for Shoreline. We wanted to provide an update as to where we are with Shoreline Half & 5K and COVID-19 regulations as of today June 24, 2020. Like we mentioned in our last note we want to get back to live/in-person events as much as you do, however, we need to adhere to City/County/State regulations. We have been working closely with Hamlin Beach State Park and have submitted safety plans to them that they are reviewing and have submitted to the state. Currently, there is a 25 maximum number of people allowed in a gathering which the parks believe will be in place through July 6th and they are concerned that that number will not increase in time for the July date. As such, they have offered an alternative date for postponement, which can also allow for extra training time. Below you will see three options that you may exercise.
Option 1: Do the LIVE Event on the Postponement Date for the Half Marathon on Saturday, August 8th currently at 7:30AM (but potentially with wave starts to accommodate social distancing) and the 5K on Sunday, August 9th currently at 7:30AM (but potentially with wave starts to accommodate social distancing)
· If you choose to do the LIVE event there is nothing you need to do, you will automatically be switched to these event dates.
· There are 2 back to back dates to accommodate the limited number of people in a mass gathering as well as parking restrictions within the park. At the current size of each event, it is much more palatable to NYS to have them on separate dates. As of today, due to the current restrictions in place, registration will not be reopening to add any additional registrations to the event.
Option 2: Virtual Shoreline Half Marathon and 5K
· You will have from August 8th through August 15th to complete your virtual event from anywhere.
· Your medal (or medals if in Four Season Challenge) and Brooks Technical Tank will be available to you the week of August 10th.
· Click here to access your profile and transfer your event to the virtual option.
· For a step by step tutorial on event to event transfers, click here.
Option 3: Defer your registration to 2021
· Please note you have until July 10, 2020 to exercise this option
· Click here to access your profile and defer your registration to 2021
· For a step by step tutorial on deferrals, click here.
· If you are in Four Season Challenge – you would only be deferring this event not any others in the challenge. But you will get your 4sc medal piece this year.
We are doing everything we can to ensure that we can get back to running/walking with you very soon! We thank you so much for your support and patience during this time.
Regards, Boots and Ellen at YellowJacket Racing
Click to reach the official site
Information about the event is available in : English