Do you have what it takes? Keeping in line with the infamous Big Backyard Ultra format organized by Lazarus Lake (you’ve heard of the creator of the Barkley Marathons, right?), we’re holding our own Backyard Ultra in gorgeous Wausau, WI. Participants will run our 4.167 mile loop for as long as (s)he can. The first loop starts Friday, 4/30/2021 at 10 am and one loop will be run every hour, on the hour for as long as (s)he is able. When does the madness end? When the last (wo)man is left and crowned victorious!
What: 4.167 mile gorgeous (mostly trail!) course that loops throughout Sylvan Park, leaving on the hour EVERY HOUR (don’t be late!) until 1 person remains
Who: Solo racer
When: 4/30/2021 @ 10 am
How it works: you show up on starting line on Friday, 4/20/2021 @ 10 am for your first loop. You keep going until you can’t. Sounds simple, right?
What: 2 loops of 4.167 mile gorgeous (mostly trail!) course that loops throughout Sylvan Park.
Who: Solo racer or 2 person relay team
When: 5/1/2021. 1st loop leaves 9:30 am, 2nd loop leaves 10:45 am.
How it works:
- relay: 1 teammate shows up on start line for 9:30 am start and runs their loop. other teammate runs the 2nd loop starting at 10:45 am.
- solo: you show up on the start line for 9:30 am start. you do the loop. you do it again at 10:45 am.?
- you get a score for each loop placement. Your overall place is a combination of your 2 scores. Lowest score wins
- 1st place = 1 point, 2nd place= 2 points, 3rd place= 3 points, and so on…
- For example: if a solo runner gets 2nd place for the 1st loop, and 4th place for the 2nd loop…their total score is 6.
- lowest score wins (i.e.: 2 is the lowest score possible). Hold up, what if there is a tie? Tie is broken by lower score of the 2nd race (loop). For example, if 2 people both have a total score of 3 but racer A scored 2 for 1st lap and 1 for 2nd lap, while racer B scored 1 for 1st lap and 2 for 2nd lap…racer A is the winner since they had a lower score for the 2nd lap.
Price: $50 for solo racer, $80 total for relay (2 racers)
We will be closely monitoring COVID-19 infection rates and following CDC recommendations to hold a safe 2021 event. If we are unable to safely hold our 2021 WausaUltra Events, we will alert registrants at least 1 week prior to event of its cancellation. If we are unable to hold our events, we will reach out to you with the following options: defer your registration to 2022 event OR donate your registration fee to our organization- and we’ll guarantee you a spot to do our 2022 event. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this policy.
Online store open now!
Check out our online store for some amazing WausaUltra gear: Shop Gear Here!