Toledo, Ohio – January 17, 2020: The 44th Running of the Mercy Health Glass City Marathon has attracted the deepest women’s field in the event’s history, with each woman boasting a very impressive personal record. The race will take place on Sunday, April 26, 2020 at the University of Toledo, finishing inside the Glass Bowl Stadium.
“We’ve worked hard to develop a course and environment here in Toledo that is friendly to elite marathon and half marathon runners from across the country and around the world. Each year we attract more top talent than the previous, and 2020 is shaping up for another extremely competitive race,” said Clint McCormick, race director, Mercy Health Glass City Marathon (GCM).
Maura Lemon boasts the top-seeded female time in the event. Lemon won the 2018 GCM in a course record time of 2:45:37, and recently ran a personal best and Olympic Trials qualifying time of 2:42:42 at the 2018 California International Marathon. Lemon will next compete at the 2020 United States Olympic Marathon Trials in Atlanta, Georgia - prior to running GCM.
“I have participated in the GCM weekend events in some form or fashion almost every year for the last 8 years, and it is always such a quality event,” Lemon said. “The marathon course is by far my favorite, especially the segments in Wildwood Metropark. The crowd support coming into the Glass Bowl is such a rush and a great way to finish the race. I can’t wait to toe the line again in April.”
Additional Female Elite Runners Signed Up To-Date:
- Maura Lemon, Dayton, OH, Marathon Personal Record: 2:42:42
- Emily van Wasshenova, Monroe, Ml, Marathon Personal Record: 2:54:17
- Kerri Toney, Richmond, VA, Marathon Personal Record: 2:55:38
- Sophia Afridi , Perrysburg, OH, Marathon Personal Record: 2:56:45
- Ashton Swinford, Hudson, OH, Marathon Personal Record: 2:58:53
- Christina Carradine, Fort Wayne, IN, Marathon Personal Record: 2:58:50
- Anna Balouris, Pittsburgh, PA, Marathon Personal Record: 2:58:22
- Jennifer Gorham, Hilliard, OH, Marathon Personal Record: 2:58:32
- Grace Bakker, LaSalle, Ontario, Marathon Personal Record: 3:00:00
- Meryl Haring, Shaker Heights, OH, Marathon Personal Record: 3:00:36
- Laura Pierce, Monroe, Ml, Marathon Personal Record: 3:02:38
- Julie Riffle, Perrysburg, OH, Half Marathon Personal Record: 1:25:53
GCM also features the Savage 5k on Saturday, with the Owens Corning Half Marathon, and the Yark Subaru 5-Person Relay on Sunday. Visit www.glasscitymarathon.org for more details or to register.
The winner of the marathon will receive $1,500 and an additional $500 if the course record is broken with the win. The overall prize purse for the weekend is over $20,000.
For more information, please visit www.glasscitymarathon.org.
The Mercy Health Glass City Marathon is brought to you by Mercy Health, Owens Corning, YARK Subaru, Savage, PNC Bank, Metroparks of Toledo, Dave’s Running Shop, iHeart Radio, Buckeye Broadband, BCSN, and Michelob Ultra and is hosted by the University of Toledo.
The Mercy Health Glass City Marathon is a Toledo Roadrunners Club event (TRRC) produced and managed by Run Toledo, Inc. TRRC is a private 501© (3) non-profit organization that organizes several local running events and supports camaraderie through friends who share a lifestyle of fitness enthusiasm. For more information regarding additional Toledo Roadrunner Club events, please visit www.toledoroadrunners.org.