The Zox Annual Independence Day Fun Run is a 3-leg race that consists of running, biking, kayaking and beer drinking. Participants are encouraged to run in their best 4th of July attire and kids are encouraged to decorate their bikes with Independence Day flare for the pre-race walk and bike parade.
In previous years we have awarded prizes to winners, this year since we aren’t collecting money or sponsorship donations, there will be no awards or prizes. Just come, have fun, be active and enjoy a little bit of NORMALCY!
Race participants will start by running 1.25 miles through the neighborhood, followed by a 2 mile bike ride. The last leg is a 1.25 mile paddle (kayak or paddle board) through the canals. Please refer to the map provided for the race route. Roads and canals will be chalked on the day of the event.
In past years we have done our best to keep track of times and track beverages, however, this year we will be forgoing those rules *****There WILL BE NO TIME keeper, and its UP TO YOU TO monitor your beverages- if you choose to participate in that portion of the race.
All beverages need to be consumed and DISPOSED of in the garbage can at the check point (where you normally check in!). NO drinking on the course!
Participants must supply their own kayak/ paddle board and bike. Helmets and life vests are recommended use at your discretion.
* DUE TO COVID!!! PLEASE READ!!*******
- PARTICIPANTS must bring their own cooler and beer. They can only access they beer from their cooler. Please don’t touch another participants cooler!
- PARTICIPANTS please don’t attend if you are feeling sick, have a fever, have been exposed to Covid in the last 14 days or are currently testing Covid positive
- PARTICIPANTS please try to adhere to appropriate social distancing guidelines. We will encourage distance and spacing at the starting line and when coming to crowded areas.
- PARTICIPANTS you may bring a mask, you may race with a mask, but you are not required to race with a mask.
- PARTICIPANTS must have their bikes, kayaks or paddle boards at the designated spot prior to race time.
- SPECTATORS please respect participants space and also try to adhere to the 6ft distance when possible.
- SPECTATORS please don’t attend if you are feeling sick, have a fever, have been exposed to Covid in the last 14 days or are currently testing Covid positive.
- SPECTATORS please don’t touch participants coolers
- SPECTATORS you may wear a mask, but you are not mandated to.
- We will not be held responsible for anyone getting sick. Be safe and responsible participants and spectators!
- IF YOU DON’T FEEL COMFORTABLE, PLEASE STAY HOME, WATCH FROM YOUR DRIVEWAY, BRIDGES OR WATERWAY.
Please refer to the official rules and regulations below for more information. **** Some rules and regulations have changed*****
Even though this is our 7th ANNUAL race, we only began collecting a race fee and donations the past two years. Where has the money gone???? In 2018 we raised over $1,000 for The ALS Association as numerous people in the Zox community have been effected by this disease. In 2019 we raised over $1,100 for The Wounded Warrior Project. THANK YOU AGAIN TO OUR GIVING COMMUNITY AND FRIENDS!